attraction to specific stone?

LeaRay

How many of you find yourself drawn/attracted to a specific stone or crystal?

I have found that I am drawn to Moonstone. Im not too sure why though. But when I shopping for stones ( or even when Im not specificly looking for stones) I find Im attracted to it more than any other stone.

I have a few small polished pieces and a number of larger rough ones. A couple of weeks ago afriend of mine gave me a very special piece. It is a piece of rainbow moonstone. Apparently it is used mainly in jewelry. There is a interesting story behind how I got it, but that is another post! =)

The same friend who gave me the rainbow moonstone has a rather large collection of clear quartz. For her it is like an obsession or something.

Anyone else have an "obsession" with a particular stone?

Blessings!
LeaRay

wavebreaker

Yep, my favourite is amethyst. It's the first stone I ever bought, because I heard it was a good remedy against migraines. I wore it every day for about a year, and after that year my migraines where nearly gone. By now, I hardly get any attacks anymore and if I do, they are so light I can easily continue what I'm doing, and I hardly even get a headache from them anymore.

So this makes this stone very special to me... :)

sirona86

---

i've an attraction for tourmaline, black tourmaline especially. not green/watermelon though these seem prettier. i find black tourmaline to be a good source of protection for me.

Athara

I've always been attracted to Amethyst, too. Even before I even knew it's name. I have worn a amethyst pendant for a year, lost some interest and it's been back since half a year now. I have a beautiful pendant now, one piece of amethyst in three colours. I find that it gives me strength when I need it. I always wear it. I have 3 stones under my pillow and I just received 6 pieces of 'raw' amethyst that I ordered. I love it! It really helps me through hard times, and gives me inspiration to write and draw. And I sleep much better since I have them (I suffer from fibromyalgia, which comes with a kind of sleeping disorder...).

Just weeks ago I found out that amethyst is the stone which fits my horoscope (Pisces...). Coincidence? Don't think so! :)

LeaRay

I did not know that amethyst was a remedy for migraines. My sister gets them sometimes. Maybe I will get her a piece for christmas.

I also have a close friend who has fibro. I will let her know that it may help her to sleep.

who says you dont learns something new every day!! =)

blessings!
LeaRay

Sterlyn

I too love amethyst, I started with a couple pieces and now I'm up to 12 or so, they are such wonderful stones. I find they help with cramps (either stomach or menstrual) and one day when I was kinda desperate at work, and used medical tape to put a small piece I had with me right on my abdomen. Worked better than the aleve I forgot to bring with me. I know someone else who used them to help relieve headaches and the aches from having their wisdom teeth removed.

My other love is my herkimer diamond, I wouldn't mind having more than one of those too.

Chronata

There are so many stones and crystals that I love, and many that I collect, like quartz, and labradorite, and opal and others...

But for some reason, when I am just looking at a big display of different crystals, the one that I am always immediately attracted to is Citrine.

I really don't know why...maybe there is something about the golden glow, among all the other colors.

I always find myself just wanting to pick them up and hold them.
And usually, buy them as well!

nighthawk

amethyst

Hi I am a lover of amethyst also, but have not carried it on me for a long time. I am having back problems in both upper and lower areas. Would this be a good choice for me to carry again. I also love the black fire opal. I have not gotten one yet but would love to soon day have one. What would a black fire opal mean or be good for.

purplefishy

I am also an Amethyst lover. It's my birthstone, and my favorite color is purple. I'm not familiar with its healing properties-I just think it's pretty. But, it would be interesting to see whether it has had an inadvertant effect on me!

ultraviolet

It may seem cliche, but my favorite crystal is definitely clear quartz. I just can't keep my hands off of it! I have far more clear quartz crystals than anything else... all kinds, too! Spheres, clusters, single and double terminations. Herkimer diamonds, Lemurian Seed quartz, fahden quartz, geodes, polished, raw. Channelers, record keepers, golden healers, lazers, wands... Brazilian, Peruvian, Madagascarian, Tibetan, always collectin'!

ultraviolet