I think I'm done with Tarot :(

Miss Divine

Hi everyone,

I don''t even know where to start, about how I am feeling. But I have lost all trust in Tarot cards. They predict the opposite of what the Lenormand predicts. And I am finding that the Lenormand predicts accurately, and the Tarot has not been. No maatter what the situation, it always says the opposite. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't need to hear ''well you probably interpreted the cards wrong''. Because it isn't just me ''interpreting'' wrong then. Must be we (my fellow tarot reader friends) are all idiots to be off ALL THE TIME.
I know I sound pissed off. But I am very frustrated with Tarot anymore, so badly that I just feel like getting rid of them. Some may say they are not a predicting tool, well, if that's the case I have no use for them. I'm not into the psychological crap, I don't need or have the desire to use cards for that. Anybody else feeling like this?? Lenormand has never failed me! And that saddens me, because I put so much effort in learning Tarot.

Sniff...

jema

First of all, I think it is great that you work well with the Lenormands :-D
Just stick to those at least for now. Just keep doing what feels right and if tarot feels wrong, just quit. Learning is never truly wasted after all.

But to your question, no, I don't feel the same. But I have! Then I just stepped away from tarot for some time, even years. Tarot will still be there if and when you want to go back to them.

AJ

well please release all those lovely decks on the trading forum. They deserve the light of day.

Not every thing is for everybody, congratulations on finding the Lenormands are your niche.

gregory

well please release all those lovely decks on the trading forum. They deserve the light of day.

Not every thing is for everybody, congratulations on finding the Lenormands are your niche.

Yes indeed.There are a couple in there that I would take off you like a SHOT !

But hey - maybe tarot has just decided to take a back seat while you are into Lenormand. :D Though I think not being predictive (which isn't QUITE what I'd say; I'd jus tsay that isn't how I USE tarot) doesn't mean that it's all psychology woo woo. Advice on where to go from here can be VERY practical too. "Tine to speak out" is hardly psychology but nor is it predictive.

tarotbear

Like jema said - learning {knowledge} is never truely wasted after all. [Except maybe for the 2 years of high school Latin I took! LOL!]

Whatever resonates best for you is what you should work with. Many of us have walked away from Tarot for varying lengths of time. Some of us returned, many have not. Do whatever you feel is best for you.

amethyst57

@Miss Divine...have you tried doing a playing cards spread after your tarot reading?
most of the time i get clarification or cards meaning about the same with my playing cards...do the same spreads, and ask for help....works for me....

btw...@tarotbear...Latin is useful in learning other languages, i.e. the other six sisters of latin: english, french, spanish, german, swedish, and italian....
and good for wizardry ;-]

RunningWild

Hold on to those decks

*Stares coldly at those trying to convince you to offload your decks so quickly. :laugh:

I think they both have their place. I started off with cartomancy with playing cards, which I must say, is, in my opinion, a far better predictive tool than tarot, too. Not that I have any kind of collectible decks but I wouldn't get rid of them just because I find playing cards a better tool.

I think the difference is that the Lenormand systems tell the whole story (the personality of the participants, their appearance, their employment) and tarot is more microcosmic (one issue made large) and motivational. That's not to say that tarot can't describe personalities, appearance, or employment but it seems more of a guessing game when using tarot for such things.

I agree that as a psychological tool, I find tarot is a waste of time. That's what over-priced psychologists/psychiatrists and best friends are for and if you read for others I doubt you'll find clients who want to know what their motivations are for 'x' when they already know that answer.

tarotbear

btw...tarotbear...Latin is useful in learning other languages, i.e. the other six sisters of latin: english, french, spanish, german, swedish, and italian....
and good for wizardry ;-]

Yeahyeahyeah - they told me the same thing in H S - I took 2 years of Latin and 3 of Espanol ... and was an altar boy when Mass was being converted to English .... but I won't argue about the wizardry ..... :D

MareSaturni

Do whatever you want but...

You cannot use a banana to pound a nail. You need a hammer. For me it's clear that Lenormand is your hammer and Tarot is your banana - so why keep insisting?

Get rid of your tarot decks. Stick to Lenormand if you wish. But ask yourself - why have you been using a Tarot if you expected it to work like a Lenormand? You cannot expect a banana to become a hammer just because you wish to hit a nail with it.

I too got a away from Tarot for a while, and Playing Cards became my main divination tool. But I returned to Tarot after finally understand how I could use it in a way that works for me. Now I can enjoy both oracles, understanding that they are different tools for different tasks.

You have to figure it out if tarot is truly completely useless for you or if it simply isn't corresponding to your expectations of it.

The crowned one

Sorry to hear this, mine predict very well still. Have you checked the batteries?

I only divine with mine.

Seriously, go with what works for you. :) I have Lenormand decks because they are easier to get as antiques, and I love the images, but I do not read with them.