My horary attempt, Interpretation Help?

SilentBreeze

So I decided to try out a horary reading and I’d like to have some more input on it. My knowledge is somewhat limited and the only thing I know is what I read from the book “Real Astrology,” which I read about a year or so ago. I tried it out a few times when I read the book, but now I’m trying to relearn. I’d love some feedback, since I’m really new to this, and would like to know if I went wrong anywhere. Go easy on me, I’m not that confident at this….

The question was What can I expect from my career, friendships, and love life if I move to Australia in May. The chart I did is attached.

Since the Quarent is represented by the first house, then I am represented by Cancer which is ruled by the moon. The moon is located in the 5th house of pleasure so what I am looking for is to bring some more pleasure into my life and I think the trip will accomplish that. The moon is neutral in that spot (its not exalted or anything) so I take that to mean that I am not getting that currently. In addition Jupiter is Exalted in Cancer, so I see that Jupiter is in 10th house of career, so career is the 2nd thing that’s on mind when having to do with this move.

My goal, the move is represented by the 9th house dealing with long distance travel. I see that Venus is in the 9th house so that’s a favorable sign cause it’s the lesser benific planet, and also I think it corresponds well to me wanting some more pleasure from this trip. So I think this means yes I will enjoy the trip. Venus is exalted in Pisces so that’s also a good sign that it is definitely a good place to go. In addition Jupiter is the ruler of Pisces, and Jupiter is located in the 10th house, career also a good sign, meaning that moving will be beneficial to my career.

My current home is represented by the 4th house, which is in Libra, ruled by Mars, and exalts Saturn and Saturn is there. So my current situation is characterized by rules and restrictions which have power over me here. In addition Mars which is found in the third house of expression, so I also have limited expressions since Mars is the lesser Malific, also the 3rd house rules short trips, so I am only able to take small short trips.

Venus (Represents Australia) is Square to the Moon (Represents Me). It will take some effort get around the issues at home and make the actual move.
Venus (Australia) is Sextile to Jupiter (Job). I will have success finding a job in Australia but with some effort, but the job will be favorable because of Jupiter.
Jupiter (Job) is opposite Saturn (home). My home life will not affect my job opportunities too badly.
Moon (Me) is sextile Mars (expression) My home life doesn’t really allow for self expression (Mars is a negative influence and it is in harmony with me)
Venus (Australia) is trine with Saturn (home) Success. My trip to Australia will be at serious odds to my home life. (because Saturn is also negative influence and it joins with the favorable aspect of the trip)

Then the other thing I did in order to figure out what my life would look like in all the areas I mentioned is I spun the house so that the house represented by Australia falls in the 4th house and then resumed count from there. I’m not posting up this part of my interpretation, because I want to first know if that’s the correct way of doing it. I read it the book I mentioned, but I don’t know if doing it in this situation is correct, so I would like some input on that, and the I will post what I got from it.

I’m at a pretty basic level here, and so I’m just trying to learn. I’m a bit self conscious about posting this up, but I do want to learn so, I’d love some input.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-18 at 9.25.05 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-18 at 9.25.05 PM.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 112

inanna_tarot

There is no attached chart to look at SB!

Minderwiz

Yes, the chart would really help here, as it's not clear what the signs on the intermediary cusps are. In so far as I'm able to follow without the chart it's a good stab. You've taken three areas of life contingent on your move to Australia, that's OK, though you need to think whether it's better to concentrate on the move as such because the 3 areas cannot be separated, you take them as a whole when you move.

Once you have looked at the move as a whole, assuming that it's favourable, then you can look at the areas individually to apportion the benefits.

That would allow you to have considered the overall benefit or cost of the move, as all areas of your life are actually affected, then see if the areas of interest benefit too.

If you can post the chart I'll take a look and maybe we can consider it in the Horary thread.

Thanks for posting. It takes some courage to put forward your first attempt for public consideration - well done!!

SilentBreeze

Yes, the chart would really help here, as it's not clear what the signs on the intermediary cusps are. In so far as I'm able to follow without the chart it's a good stab. You've taken three areas of life contingent on your move to Australia, that's OK, though you need to think whether it's better to concentrate on the move as such because the 3 areas cannot be separated, you take them as a whole when you move.

Once you have looked at the move as a whole, assuming that it's favourable, then you can look at the areas individually to apportion the benefits.

That would allow you to have considered the overall benefit or cost of the move, as all areas of your life are actually affected, then see if the areas of interest benefit too.

If you can post the chart I'll take a look and maybe we can consider it in the Horary thread.

Thanks for posting. It takes some courage to put forward your first attempt for public consideration - well done!!

Thanks Miderwitz. I added the chart, guess I forgot it typing all that out...Thank you for the suggestion on the question, I was going for super specific, but I agree it would be better if I left it more open.