Crystals you wear when reading the Tarot

Labhraín

What crystals do you wear when using your Tarot cards?

I have read that many people store their decks with crystals and stones, every person having their own particular tastes - but what about when you are using the cards? Either in a reading for someone or for yourself?

triple_entendre

I don't wear them, but with the deck I do keep a slice of geode in with my cards. It's ringed like a tree trunk, no spiky pointy or even blade-y bits-- which I worry about with keeping something like a quartz wand or even a tumbled stone in there with my cards.

I used to wear moonstone with silver, but the moonstone began to crack and silver metal, which helpful for getting into another state of mind, is not really good for clarity and grounding. Besides, it looks awful with my skin stone.

Hemera

I used to have an amethyst ring in my tarot pouch with my favorite Ludy Lescot deck. Then one day I lost the ring and found it weeks later. I really love that silver ring with the amethyst so now I no longer store it with the deck as I´m afraid I might lose it again..

moonbear

None at all.

Maybe I should lol ..... does anyone think it helps? I'd really like to organise myself a bit better and create a nice atmosphere when using the tarot but I'm really pretty lazy and have never got around to it. Just take them out of their boxes and shuffle.

One day I'll find a nice tarot box, something wooden and carved and I'll keep my favourite deck in there with maybe some dried herbs and moonstones.

Maybe.

Hemera

One day I'll find a nice tarot box, something wooden and carved and I'll keep my favourite deck in there with maybe some dried herbs and moonstones.

Maybe.
LOL :) I know what you mean. I am also rather lazy. I often think I should light a candle and take out some nice spreadcloth and all that. But in the end I just grab the deck and shuffle and read and that´s about it.

Labhraín

LOL :) I know what you mean. I am also rather lazy. I often think I should light a candle and take out some nice spreadcloth and all that. But in the end I just grab the deck and shuffle and read and that´s about it.

You know what, I do the same thing too. :) However, I was thinking wearing a crystal that is helpful to intuition and Tarot would be very beneficial when using the cards. Not a lot of crystals (that would be too much and not me) but one or two.

Maybe moonstone? Amethyst seems like a good suggestion. I have also read that prehnite was a good stone to have when using Tarot.

rainboweve

I like rose quartz for centering and amethyst to help with intuition :) For the rose quartz I usually just hold/lay out my pendulum and same for a small amethyst tumbled stone. I do have a rose quartz ring in the mail though so might get into the habit of actually wearing it! I think that the setting is silver, though, so I'm not sure how that might affect things...

Labhraín

Centering, grounding and intution

I like rose quartz for centering and amethyst to help with intuition :) For the rose quartz I usually just hold/lay out my pendulum and same for a small amethyst tumbled stone. I do have a rose quartz ring in the mail though so might get into the habit of actually wearing it! I think that the setting is silver, though, so I'm not sure how that might affect things...

That's a great point, rainboweve. I think that when choosing a crystal or stone to wear whilst using the cards, it is important to make sure the stone or stones strike a balance between providing clarity and grounding, while at the same time helping your intuition.

I just realized, I have a smoky quartz pendant and an aquamarine ring. How is that as a combination? The smoky quartz would be good for grounding and centering and the aquamarine for clarity and intuition. I think this pair would do nicely, what do you all think?

celticnoodle

Lately, I always wear my moldavite and pietersite stones on a chain around my neck. I also tend to carry some stones with me, to set on my table. generally my amethyst cluster, and a citrine, a moldavite stone and perhaps a few others. It depends on how I feel.

Today, I am reading, as well as this Friday (my last day at the shop). I will definitely have my moldavite and pietersite on, but I don't think I'm going to take the other crystals with me. I feel like traveling extra light, as I will be working till 8pm tonight and it'll be pitch dark and the parking lot where I have to park is not well lit either and is not exactly in the best part of town.

moonbear

I feel like traveling extra light, as I will be working till 8pm tonight and it'll be pitch dark and the parking lot where I have to park is not well lit either and is not exactly in the best part of town.

Crikey celticnoodle, be careful :(

You need a nice BIG crystal rock in a bag.