Tarot figures in real life

frac_ture

I saw this picture from some red carpet event or other on Yahoo a minute ago, and my immediate thought was, "Hey, look -- it's the Empress!"

Molly Sims in Empress-mode

Does anyone else agree with that assessment at all? Or do I maybe just need to put my decks down and step away for a while...? ;)

And has anyone else seen pictures of people/characters/celebrities that immediately called to mind figures from Tarot...?

Penthasilia

MMM- found the king of cups ;)

Attachments

• johnny_depp_18.jpg
    johnny_depp_18.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 121

frac_ture

:laugh: That's a great one, Penthasilia! You know, I actually think that about half of the male figures in the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight look like Johnny Depp...

Polyhymnia

ohh gorgeousness! You know we live in the same country and he STILL doesn't know I exist!!
*rolling around in stitches*

Penthasilia

:laugh: That's a great one, Penthasilia! You know, I actually think that about half of the male figures in the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight look like Johnny Depp...

You may have just enable me on this deck then... })

ohh gorgeousness! You know we live in the same country and he STILL doesn't know I exist!!
*rolling around in stitches*

Oh- I am sure he knows- he just can't be too vocal about it :D

frac_ture

You may have just enable me on this deck then... })

Well, I don't want to oversell (although I love the deck!)...maybe I rounded up in my earlier post. I think it's mostly some of the Knaves and Knights that look to me kind of like Depp in Mad Hatter attire (but not the actual orange-haired Mad Hatter version from that movie -- the Sweet Twilight characters look more like the real Depp wearing Mad Hatter outfits...or, that's what I think, anyway!). And interestingly, the deck was published a year before that movie came out...so maybe Tim Burton was influenced by the deck as much as its creator was influenced by Burton (every review I've ever read of it invokes his name...). I haven't found any shots online of any of the specific cards I'm referencing here, but will post a link for you if I turn up any good captures.

kisou

Bohemian Gothic 9 of Cups reminds me a little more of Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes~~

As for cards reminding you of people and vice versa, I completely understand and quite love it in a movie/story! It adds a fun little "inside joke" element to the entire thing! Makes me try and see if the card traits appear in the character.

Penthasilia

LOL- then should I even start about how the Fool in the Gilded tarot looks like a certain former president....

})