PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly logged off while commenting on a post

Sherryl
23-01-2012, 11:12
I logged on, went to the Reading Circles subforum of the Reading Exchange, and spent an hour typing extensive feedback on a reading I received. When I hit the "submit" button I was told I was not logged on so I couldn't submit to that forum. Obviously I was logged on or I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did. I got a pop up message about hitting the back button and refreshing the screen, but nothing happened - I lost all my work and had to exit the forum entirely.

I logged back on, went to the Reading Exchange, then got another pop up saying I wasn't logged on so I couldn't access it.

Just letting you know in case you're having some kind of technical problem.

Thanks
Sherryl

PathWalker
23-01-2012, 18:50
I think it 'timed you out' because it couldn't see any activity (it doesn't recognise typing as activity)

Next time maybe type in a eord doc. and then post when it's complete?

Hope it doesn't happen again
PW

gregory
23-01-2012, 20:08
Also - make sure you are logged in at

www.tarotforum.net AND at http://tarotforum.net

I know that sounds weird but it is a known glitch.

(I don't think inactivity logs you out as a rule.... I've left open reply boxes to answer the phone and then forgotten about them for HOURS and they've still been useable when I got back. But PW is right - the best way for LONG responses is to do them in a wordprocessor first so this CANNOT happen !)

Sherryl
25-01-2012, 09:41
Thanks, Gregory and Pathwalker. I've learned my lesson about living dangerously and will copy and paste from Word from now on. I didn't know about logging in both places. How strange!

Chiska
25-01-2012, 09:53
Also - make sure you are logged in at

www.tarotforum.net AND at http://tarotforum.net

I know that sounds weird but it is a known glitch.

(I don't think inactivity logs you out as a rule.... I've left open reply boxes to answer the phone and then forgotten about them for HOURS and they've still been useable when I got back. But PW is right - the best way for LONG responses is to do them in a wordprocessor first so this CANNOT happen !)

For me, if I unclick the "save" for the login information, I will "time out." However, if I have the log in "saved," I do not.