Inrah Cards

Aulruna

Inspired by another thread I ordered a few roleplaying dice, and came across something called Inrah Cards.

Inrah is a divination system devised for a German role playing system called the Dark Eye:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye

It has 121 cards, divided in Majors and Minors. Many of the cards show scenes and characters from the game universe, so I'm not yet sure if someone not familiar with it can use them easily.

Anybody happens to have them? (As mine will not arrive before Friday...)

Penthasilia

They are gorgeous- I don't think you would need to know how to play the game- but I am sure knowing German would help :D

Aulruna

Lucky me - knowing German and having played the game for years :D

Even after we changed the system, we still used the Dark Eye universe for campaigns sometimes.

I will report back once they arrive here!

Aulruna

My Inrah cards are finally here - big and stunning cards, surprisingly there are a few unillustrated pips (Ace to 7 from 6 suits) thrown in the mix - but with 49 "Majors" and 5 courts per suit, there is lots to choose from.

I'm currently experimenting with correspondences for the elements, which are Fire, Water, Air, Soil, Ore, and Ice. Maybe I'll just keep the courts and the Aces and kick the number cards ... will have to see how it works.

I think the cards can be read intuitively, and there are quite a few bows to Tarot in the Majors. However, I especially enjoy the 13 cards for the Aventurian pantheon, because I used to play a priestess for Efferd, the god of the ocean, and my long-time assassin character was eventually recruited into an order for Boron, the god of Death. So, knowledge of the game universe definitely enhances contextual reading.

Aulruna

Finally ound the time to take some pics.

Can you tell I am in love with this deck??? :D

Attachments

• inrah_majors1.jpg
    inrah_majors1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 174
  • inrah_majors2.jpg
    inrah_majors2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 159
  • inrah_courts_pips.jpg
    inrah_courts_pips.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 204

belindasue

thank you for sharing, I really like the look for the cards.

amethyst57

sehr schoene karten...
would love to have them part of my ever growing collection...