Mal de ojo and protection crystals

Ilaris

I wanted to ask you about what in my country is called "mal de ojo". I don't know how you call it in English, but it happens when a person looks at you with the intention of harming you. I'm not sure if they trigger this on purpose or if it's just that they have bad energy and transfer it to you. The result: you end up feeling tired, with a terrible headache (on the back of your head) and depressed. It can last a few days!! Have you heard about this?

It has happened to me several times... I think I am too vulnerable to energies around me and I'd like to know what crystal I can carry in order to avoid this because it's an awful feeling!!

Thanks!!!

Hiding in Shadows

There are quite a few crystals that would work, I believe. I have found that black tourmaline and obsidian are very effective at blocking bad energies. I also have a large ruby that works quite well as a protection crystal too, plus it gives me an energy boost.

Yetat

mal de ojo = evil eye

get a black obsidian with a sheen like this:
http://dbrockwerks.com/v-web/productpage/images/SheenObsidianCabWR.jpg

the more intense the sheen, the better it is. The black obsidian sheen would look like an eye countering the evil eye.

energies/cleanse with Palo Santo (native to your region?), since you are talking about folk magic I feel a 'localised' incense would works better.

Ilaris

There are quite a few crystals that would work, I believe. I have found that black tourmaline and obsidian are very effective at blocking bad energies. I also have a large ruby that works quite well as a protection crystal too, plus it gives me an energy boost.

Thank you, Hiding in Shadows. I used to have a turmaline and carried it with me everywhere, but it didn't help much. Maybe it was too small... but I can't carry a big rock in my purse anyway!! :laugh:

Do you suggest me doing something with the crystal or just carry it with me?

mal de ojo = evil eye
Yes.... I guess that's the best translation :thumbsup: It's like a harm (mal) caused by an eye (ojo) LOL

Get a black obsidian with a sheen like this:
http://dbrockwerks.com/v-web/productpage/images/SheenObsidianCabWR.jpg

the more intense the sheen, the better it is. The black obsidian sheen would look like an eye countering the evil eye.
What a great image!!! I'll see if I can get something like that. Should I carry it with me? Or look at it if I feel like someone's harmed me?

energies/cleanse with Palo Santo (native to your region?), since you are talking about folk magic I feel a 'localised' incense would works better.

Yes, I can get some. Maybe I can go to a room with closed doors and light some of it...

Thanks, guys!!!!!!!!

DownwardSpiral

There's also Eye Agate. I've been carrying a piece of fire agate for protection and I have to say the people that have been giving me problems have backed off.

pink daliha

Topaz

I was researching Tiger Iron (a Combination of tigers' eye, Red jasper and hematite) when I came upon the paragraph about Topaz. It seems Topaz is particularly suited to repelling the evil eye. Everyone has good suggestions and I am sure you will find what you need. I only suggest Topaz since it would be easy to find a small pendant that you like and wear it everyday.

Yetat

What a great image!!! I'll see if I can get something like that. Should I carry it with me? Or look at it if I feel like someone's harmed me?

If you don't mind the weird look people around might gave you :p (instead of the evil eye), than look for a suitable pendant and wear it.

Otherwise, position the sheen of the obsidian at the direct doorway of your house to prevent, evil influence of the "evil eye" from getting in. Hmm, if you still have the budget you could try getting a mini selenite tower and place in behind the obsidian in such a way that the obsidian is leaning on the mini selenite tower.

Hiding in Shadows

My work environment is 'toxic' with backstabbing, nasty thoughts, and actions on a constant basis. I'll switch off to different crystals every few days. I have a piece of selenite that I set the crystals on to charge them, then program them with my intent, then just carry in my pocket. It works well for me, but which crystals work for you and how they work for you may be different. You'll probably have to experiment a little there. The eye agate is a great idea too. Kind of freaky to look at sometimes, but strong nonetheless. Good luck!

Ilaris

Thank you very much, guys!! I will try the different suggestions you gave me and see which one words best for me.
I will try carrying some of these rocks with me, since you usually"get" the evil eye outside your house, when you bump into someone who "gives it" to you. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to protect my house as well.
I had heard that the Turquish Eyeis good for this too. But it looks too creepy for me. I don't like it!!! LOL
I like the cristals with the eye shape better ;)

Eowyn

An alternative to stones.

Hola Ilaris. A friend of mine recommends Bach Flowers Remedies, but I can't remember which one is the essence that she has successfully used for this attacks. She works in healing people with energy, she sees aura and knows how to prescribe this remedies, so I guess you could ask around? I think the idea is worthy to try.

Saludos :)