Suggestions for bulk purchase?

Gia

I've been invited to teach a seminar on reading Tarot and, (I like to over prepare), want to have a few user friendly decks to hand out to anyone who arrives unprepared.
Any suggestions where I can either purchase a small lot of decks for CHEAP (like $5 each) of a lot of about 5+ decks for a decent price? Used decks fine...just need to invest as little $ as possible so I'm not spending my teaching fee on supplies!
Thanks!

cardlady22

The only $5 deck I know is the Tiny Universal Waite ~ but that's pretty small.
Most mini or pocket decks run $8-10

ETA: Is there a "super size" edition for Teachers? That might help as a visual reference.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-professional/
*by Lo Scarabeo, so it's probably not going to match up with your materials

MantraTarot

I've been invited to teach a seminar on reading Tarot and, (I like to over prepare), want to have a few user friendly decks to hand out to anyone who arrives unprepared.
Any suggestions where I can either purchase a small lot of decks for CHEAP (like $5 each) of a lot of about 5+ decks for a decent price? Used decks fine...just need to invest as little $ as possible so I'm not spending my teaching fee on supplies!
Thanks!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=168250

cardlady22

The down side to the "dollar tree" tarot is has aces and 1s, & no cards 8, 9 or 10

MantraTarot

The down side to the "dollar tree" tarot is has aces and 1s, & no cards 8, 9 or 10

oh yeah... i forgot about that. :( i guess you have to ask yourself if you just want to spend the extra $, or take the time to "re-create" the 8's, 9's, and 10's on the Dollar Tree decks.... :(

good luck to you though. :)

Le Fanu

If it's the RWS you're after, I'd go for a mini RWS, cheapish and could serve somebody well who didn't have a complete, full-sized deck.

If it's Marseilles, the Thunder Bay Conver (deck only) would be perfect. It costs about 3 or 4 dollars... (or rather, on amazon UK, it can be picked up for a couple of pounds).

AJ

why not make having a deck in hand part of the signup requirement. Or include the cost of a deck in the fee if you feel its important for everyone to have the same deck. Expenses should be incurred by the student..

Gia

The only $5 deck I know is the Tiny Universal Waite ~ but that's pretty small.
Most mini or pocket decks run $8-10

ETA: Is there a "super size" edition for Teachers? That might help as a visual reference.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-professional/
*by Lo Scarabeo, so it's probably not going to match up with your materials

Thanks...no need for the supersize ed. I'm teaching intuitive readings in addition to classic readings so the use of my own decks will suffice in that area...

Gia

I have the Dollar Tree deck and would NEVER use that to teach...especially beginners...not only because it's an incomplete deck, but I am also teaching how to read using intuition and I find that the art of the deck is key in bringing that out in students...Dollar Tree Deck is absolutely off the table...

Gia

If it's the RWS you're after, I'd go for a mini RWS, cheapish and could serve somebody well who didn't have a complete, full-sized deck.

If it's Marseilles, the Thunder Bay Conver (deck only) would be perfect. It costs about 3 or 4 dollars... (or rather, on amazon UK, it can be picked up for a couple of pounds).

Thank you Le Fanu! I'll do an Amazon search...that may fit the bill!