PDA

View Full Version : Problems accessing tarotforum.net

Tibor
07-02-2012, 20:59
Hi there

Every time I try to access the forum from either directly using the address or from the link from Aeclectic Tarot it just says something like Ops Google couldn't open the page. I am using Chrome as my main browser but I also tried using Internet Explorer. My wifi works fine as I don't have any other problem accessing other websites. I know it sounds like it has nothing to do with the forum but I would appreciate any advice you could give me. This whole thing started about a week ago. Before that I had absolutely no problem accessing the forum :(

gregory
07-02-2012, 21:41
Do you have a security toolbar - especially the one from AVG ? I get that on another forum, and it stops when I disable the EVIL THING :mad: I don't know how it relates to google - but it ties into them somehow - very odd....

The other thing that might work - LOG OUT and clear your cache and cookies - you may have a corrupt cookie in there.

Tibor
08-02-2012, 00:32
Thank you Gregory. I will try those suggestions.In the mean time I'm accessing the forum from my iPhone.

mysticmonkey
20-02-2012, 19:33
I had the same problem with Firefox, this is the first time I've been able to get on the site since about two weeks ago. I could access the main site but not the forum. I don't use toolbars (hate those things) but it seems to be working now so I don't know what changed? I know Firefox had an update a couple of days ago so maybe that unborked something?

gregory
20-02-2012, 19:38
There is that glitch where you may need to log in at www.tarotforum.net AND at http://tarotforum.net (without the www)

It happens - quite often !

Tibor
20-02-2012, 19:44
Mine is working too even though I haven't done anything.

mysticmonkey
20-02-2012, 21:01
There is that glitch where you may need to log in at www.tarotforum.net AND at http://tarotforum.net (without the www)

I don't think it was that bug in this case as I couldn't even reach the website, I just got one of those FF website error pages. It was like it had disappeared from the internet although I knew it hadn't as I checked a few of those "is this website down for everyone or just me" sites and they said that it was up.
Anyway hopefully all fixed now. *crosses fingers*