Business and Moons

Ilaris

Hi!
I was hoping you could give some advice on a matter since I know nothing about astrology...
I am opening a new business and I wanted to know which moon is the most auspicious an beneficial in this matter.
I don't know if it matters, but I live in the southern hemisphere ;)
Thanks in advance!!!

Aivli

I'm so NOT an expert, but have always found that I get the best results for beginning any new project or endeavor, on or close to the New Moon.

I'm sure some one with more knowledge will come along to offer their advice.

Great question!

Ilaris

Thanks Aivli! :) Let us see what other people think.

dadsnook2000

New Moon

The new moon occurs two days before we see the first crescent moon in the western evening sky. I'd consider, based on the Moon's position alone, a period 3 to 7 days after new moon. This period is in the waxing half-cycle of the Moon and is considered best for planting vegetables, fruit trees and other living things. Of course, there are many things to consider, astrologically. What we have to consider is do we live by astrology and our limited understanding of it, or do we live for astrology in terms of studying and practicing it? As a 40+ year student-practitioner I never live by astrology, never judge aspects and transits, etc., and base my decisions on astrology. I like surprises and making choices. Dave

Roy

just make sure the moon is not in Capricorn or Scorpio, and the Ascending degree is not weak

Minderwiz

Oddly I'm just readiing the 5 introductory books to Astrology written by Sahl Ibn Bishr, in the ninth Century. He has elections for all sorts of things, The nearest I can find is

An election for investing money in order to profit from it'

Which is a little bit more akin to modern business than planting trees or crops. He says fortify the Moon and Mercury and the ruler of the House of Money (the second) and also the ruler of the House of Trust (the eleventh). An aspect of Moon and Mercury is desirable and Mars should be separating or unconnected to either of them. Mercury should be kept away from unfortunate positions in the chart.

It's better if Mercury is not retrograde but if it is, strengthen the ruler of the eleventh (Trust), keep Mercury away from Mars and preferably joined to Venus or Lord 11.

Now he sees any election to do with money and making gain to be similar to this - so Mercury, Moon, and Lords 2 and 11 are to be as strong as possible and Mars should not afflict any of them.

Dadsnook2000 said:
What we have to consider is do we live by astrology and our limited understanding of it, or do we live for astrology in terms of studying and practicing it? As a 40+ year student-practitioner I never live by astrology, never judge aspects and transits, etc., and base my decisions on astrology. I like surprises and making choices. Dave

I think this is great advice and I never do my own predications or elections and only do them for the family if really pushed hard. Like Dave I like life to be surprising. I do however do my onw horaries from time to time, though I prefer to do them for other people or for current events and issues of interest.