Quartz Cluster Turned Cloudy

dicey

Hi everyone,

I hope someone from here can help explain why my quartz cluster turned cloudy. I bought a quartz crystal (and at that time, it was still clear) and since it was a little dirty, i washed it off with running water. I also thought that was a good way to cleanse the crystal. Right after, I air-dried it outside, but not in direct sunlight. An hour or two later, I realized that the crystal, from tip to base turned cloudy.

Did I do the wrong thing? Can someone help me with an explanation why this may have happened?

poopsie

Hi Dicey,

I researched a bit on clear quartz crystal --

Stones will definately change color owing to the energies which may have surrounded / touched it. You may need to consider a cleansing with crabapple flower essence and five flower/ rescue remedy in water.

Another opinion in one website mentioned it could be a sign that your crystal is a momma - having litte ones which typically happens with quartz points. You may want to monitor it and watch out for barnical type growth.

There is also a suggestion to talk to a geologist for more scientific answers.

It would be cute if your cluster is indeed momma-ing! I wonder if it would be like growing a garden or patch of crystals.

good luck

Poopsie

N1ghts0ng

Hi Dicey,

Another opinion in one website mentioned it could be a sign that your crystal is a momma - having litte ones which typically happens with quartz points. You may want to monitor it and watch out for barnical type growth.

It would be cute if your cluster is indeed momma-ing! I wonder if it would be like growing a garden or patch of crystals.

good luck

Poopsie

i've heard that cloudy clear quartz are "female" crystals also. definitely interesting to see if little babies will start growing.

as far as cleaning goes, fresh cool running water, white sage, white light, I also use reiki, are all my favorite ways to clean and re-energize my crystals. avoid chemicals and heat to minimize risk of discoloring

dicey

Thanks Poopsie & N1ghtsong.

Will definitely watch out for babies from my quartz crystal.....