Is it the deck or her?

olivia1

ok, this may sound crazy to you. Im not sure what to think myself. we've all pretty much heard of the haunted deck. But Im beginning to wonder if I somehow gave my friend a haunted deck. Or if she just has some sort of ability to channel in spirits.

Over the summer, I was living with a close girlfriend of mine. She believes in psychics as much as I do, and would watch in awe as I'd read tarot. She admired my close connection to my cards ( at the time, i was using the Radiant Rider Waite) and wanted her own deck. so I purchased her a Rider Waite deck (in Like New condition) on Amazon.

well, her and her husband insist that the deck started channeling spirits. She though the house she was living in at the time (they have since moved) had a weird vibe anyway. she said that she, her husband, and the kid would hear strange noises. But no one ever saw anything..until right after I left. She and her husband (and her husband was a skeptic when it came to spirits, etc) started seeing the image of a small 4 year old boy. And the spirit boy would harass their twin toddlers. Even their little autistic 6 year old started complaining about the spirit bullying him.

i believe my friend. But im not sure if the spirit started with them because of the tarot deck itself (unlikely because she claimed the house had activity to begin with), would this have happened regardless of the deck i gave her, or if its her and maybe she was somehow attracting spirits? She said she wasnt trying to channel spirits to the deck, it just happened.

When I lived with them, I never felt a presence. I did not see an entity. They told me that during the 2 weeks I was there was the most calm (spirit wise) that the house has been. I could see that because I am unusually lucky. I do believe in spirits but I know Im surrounded by positive spirits because (though I rarely ever feel them) I am always coming out lucky from situations.

one thing I learned from this situation: test each used deck out before i give them as gifts.

tarotbear

How would you 'test' a used deck?

olivia1

How would you 'test' a used deck?

keep it for a set period of time and see if anything unusual happens.

i dont plan to do anything elaborate since im not even fully sold on the idea that tarot decks channel entities (unless that is the owner's intent). none of my decks, as far as i knew, ever channeled any spirits. of course, maybe i just dont have that "gift." I put that in quotes because that is one "gift" i do not want to ever receive

dlgriffin04

This kind of makes me wonder if decks in general have a way of bringing these spirits out? I could be wrong, but I did have the same thing happen to me! I got my first deck brand new from boarders 4 years ago while on vacation out of state. We drove 16 hours home and from that first night home we've had an issue with spirits in the house causing problems (no prior issues before this).

The first night my (then) 3 year old woke up screaming for an hour because there was a big scary man in his room! An hour after I got him back to sleep my husband who does not at all believe in spirits or anything woke up and saw a tall man walk through our hallway. He ran through the house, and outside our home in his underwear with a gun trying to find this guy lol. All this happened 2 nights in a row and theres been so many other things happen since then it's unreal, and a lot of it is just down right creepy lol.

I've had a few people tell me it was because I wasn't grounded and I needed to ground myself....but that didn't seem to help and neither did any other suggestions. It's been 4 years and at this point it seems like we've all just got used to 'living' with each other lol.

GoldenWolf

I've read tarot for a long time. I've also trained as a medium. While I often pick up information and messages intuitively during a tarot reading that are not indicated by the cards I'm reading, I have never "channelled" spirits during a reading through the cards themselves. That's not to say it's not possible. There are just easier venues for spirit communication is all.

I think the timing of these incidents with the presence of a Tarot deck is likely coincidental. There are a lot of other factors here that could account for them such as the presence of small children in the home which often present with spirit activity.

Chronata

It's not the deck.
I believe it's in the way it is used.

Perhaps she expected that by her readings, she would open up to spirits...and that's why it happened?

With the intentions of the reader, these things can certainly happen. But I really don't think the cards were responsible in themselves...as much as they were a tool to facilitate opening to other planes and energies.

She may not even be aware that she was doing it.

I have seen and felt "genuine haunted" objects before...and while I don't have much practice in psychometry. I did feel an interesting emotional energy in some of these things.

But I have also used some of them with (sadly)no supernatural effects whatsoever.

To me, it looks as if your friend has a lot of things going on,with her home and family and the tarot may not have anything to do with it.

Sakabu

Decks don't channel anything on their own unless you try to use them as a medium or bridge to talk to spirits or the dead. It's entirely possible that when she started using the deck, that she herself may have decided to become more comfortable and open to her 'sensitive' side and that she unintentionally sent a signal of sorts. Spirits will see a lighthouse in terms of the person's curiosity because it's just someone to talk to and who will listen to them. She just has to establish boundaries to make it clear it's her space and she doesn't want them pestering her.

Bottom line, your friend is curious and when she chose to open up she got a little more than she bargained for.

airseabattle

Hmm, I wonder if she could have been sort of subconciously opening herself to these things. Like she was thinking "Aww I hope this deck doesnt let that weird thing/ activity we have in our house come through". Don't get me wrong, I think it's entirely normal to have a bit of fear about new things but I think you can pull in what you put out...expecting the negative will get you the negative sorta thing.

olivia1

Hmm, I wonder if she could have been sort of subconciously opening herself to these things. Like she was thinking "Aww I hope this deck doesnt let that weird thing/ activity we have in our house come through". Don't get me wrong, I think it's entirely normal to have a bit of fear about new things but I think you can pull in what you put out...expecting the negative will get you the negative sorta thing.

i dont know? maybe? I would imagine, though, that she wasnt expecting the deck to channel anything since she saw me working my deck and nothing ever happened. Actually, she is frightened of ghosts so I am pretty certain that if she thought tarot decks would bring in spirits, not only would she not want me to gift her a deck, she would have probably also tried to get me to get rid of mine. But im not her, so i cant say for sure. i'll ask her because i could be wrong and maybe she did kind of expect something paranormal to happen.

dlgriffin04 said:
I've had a few people tell me it was because I wasn't grounded and I needed to ground myself....but that didn't seem to help and neither did any other suggestions. It's been 4 years and at this point it seems like we've all just got used to 'living' with each other lol.

i have heard about "grounding" too and I suppose it works for some people but I have been reading cards for quiet a few years and I have never, ever intentionally performed any grounding rituals. My friend said that she has seen spirits throughout her life so maybe she's just naturally more open to being a channel than I am. Thank God because I am not trying to see ghosts, too.

olivia1

This kind of makes me wonder if decks in general have a way of bringing these spirits out? I could be wrong, but I did have the same thing happen to me! I got my first deck brand new from boarders 4 years ago while on vacation out of state. We drove 16 hours home and from that first night home we've had an issue with spirits in the house causing problems (no prior issues before this).

The first night my (then) 3 year old woke up screaming for an hour because there was a big scary man in his room! An hour after I got him back to sleep my husband who does not at all believe in spirits or anything woke up and saw a tall man walk through our hallway. He ran through the house, and outside our home in his underwear with a gun trying to find this guy lol. All this happened 2 nights in a row and theres been so many other things happen since then it's unreal, and a lot of it is just down right creepy lol.

ohmy! And all of this because of a brand new deck you got at Borders. As ridiculous as this sounds, at first, i thought maybe there was a slight chance that i got my friend a haunted deck by mistake. after all, it was a used deck and who knows what environment that deck was in prior to me purchasing it (and what its previous owner did with it). ive purchased used decks in the past and nothing crazy ever happened but I try to keep an open mind that just about anything is possible. But to hear that you had a similar experience with a brand new deck is really interesting.