Dreaming of Tarot?

Pyrrhic

I have used my deck for awhile, but never dreamed of it.

The only thing I have done recently is I picked up some Chalcedony in a shop yesterday as I felt quite drawn to it, and I noticed that it got very hot in my hand very quickly.

So when I went to seep last night I just dreamed of pulling the Queen of Cups out of my deck, over and over again.

Thoughts?

RexMalaki

Your unconscious part of your mind has been mostly asleep and now it is wanting to awaken and be known by your conscious mind, and tarot is a good tool to help this take place.

...that's my take on it; aren't tarot dreams awesome!

1Eleven

What does the Queen of Cups mean to you?

Carina

Interesting! I don't think I quite "dreamed" of the Page of Cups the night before last... actually, the dream (or the part I remember) was a bunch of people giving testimonials for a sort of motivational speaker/trainer we know...then right before I awoke it was... almost like a whisper, "Page of Cups." I was not surprised when a couple of hours later my husband told me he is seriously considering starting a business. And yes, there is a younger man who is eager to be of assistance. That was cool! I wish I'd get flashes like that every night!

Girl Archer

Interesting how I stumbled upon this thread! I wanted to start a similar one but was not quite sure where to post it, how to phrase it etc... Last night, repeatedly I kept dreaming of the Queen of Pentacles (from my Hanson-Roberts deck) except she was crouched over protectively/defensively like the woman from the Strength card! Can anyone think of what this could possibly mean?

Secondly, as much as I tried to just close my eyes, for some reason, the Lovers/Judgment card kept flashing across and I had no idea what to make of it. Later that night, I dreamt of a lion. Just the head. So, I am thinking somehow this ties in to some Leo in my life? (except I don't know any! unless I consider a Cancer-Leo friend of mine?) Or does this indicate the coming of some Leo in to my life? Because that was accompanied by the image of a knight on a scooter (Yes,a scooter and not a horse! :O ) and he was dressed in modern semi-formals and was wearing a knight's helmet instead of the "usual helmet"

Putting all this together, can someone help me make sense of it?

Girl Archer

Funnily enough, the last time this happened (I kept dreaming of The magician and t'was accompanied by an 8 of Wands), I had an encounter with an actual magician WITHIN 8 HOURS (that was his profession and driving cabs- his hobby!) and that was quite odd to me, because meeting magicians who double as cabbies just randomly is pretty rare in my city (even for a bird like me who has the most crazy experiences! :p)

Carina

Girl Archer, in my deck (Rider Waite) the Strength card features a woman closing the mouth of a lion. As a Vespa rider, I love the image of the Knight arriving on a scooter (assuming you mean that type of scooter).

Girl Archer

Girl Archer, in my deck (Rider Waite) the Strength card features a woman closing the mouth of a lion. As a Vespa rider, I love the image of the Knight arriving on a scooter (assuming you mean that type of scooter).

YES! That was exactly what I meant, a modern knight on a blue Vespa with the traditional headgear (that was a very cute image actually ;) ) and yeah, my hanson-roberts too is RW-themed, so the Strength card is the same, as you described. Except I got this feeling distinctly that it was not the woman from the Strength card, but actually the Queen of Pents! :confused: Carina, could you make any sense of that seemingly senseless stuff that I just put up on the thread? :)

Carina

I drew II of Cups today--there is a lion's head (JUST the head!) on that one, too! And of course, the II of Cups = Love, love love!

frac_ture

I think dreaming of Tarot imagery is just the intuitive mind receiving more messages even while not consciously working with the cards (or "downloading" especially important messages received during a session, but which hadn't been ready for "processing" until later...?).

I've had one Tarot dream I can recall. In it, I was getting a reading from a psychic woman in New Orleans (which sounds cliche, I know...). We sat across the table from each other, and she kept the cards facing herself as she read. I could make them out well enough, though: she was using the Thoth deck. She was doing a spread of some sort, but indicated one card as being of very special importance to me. I could tell, even upside-down, that it was the Star card, although there was one weird difference in this dream-version of it, as compared to the real Thoth's Star card: this one was labeled "Scot Star"...as in, a version of it from Scotland. To this day, I remain absolutely baffled by what that might mean! I've done internet searches for that phrase, and even for general things involving both Tarot and Scotland (a place I've never visited and to which I have no connection), but no luck... I do love the Star card, though, and I do feel it's one of "my" cards, personally, for whatever that's worth...