Busy Schedule, but need practice?

KMilliron

Between work, school, and band, I find I rarely have downtime. If I sit down, it's most likely to write a paper. Standing up I'm working or have a guitar strapped on. Lying down means I'm trying to kid myself into thinking I can get some sleep. I would really like to prctice some tarot, but my schedule is BOOKED (literally, I have my schedule posted on the fridge and someone looked at it and went "This is a joke, right?") and I just want to know what kind of little things I can do to practice, because having time to sit down and have a clear enough mind to read seems rather far off :/

Le Fanu

You need to use public transport and not drive (if drive you do)! I too have less and less time and I often have to satisfy myself with tossing a deck into my bag and hoping for a sparsely populated subway carriage to and from work so I can get my deck out and just go though it and have a think... Or sometimes just waiting on the platform.

Not ideal but better than nothing. :)

KMilliron

You need to use public transport and not drive (if drive you do)! I too have less and less time and I often have to satisfy myself with tossing a deck into my bag and hoping for a sparsely populated subway carriage to and from work so I can get my deck out and just go though it and have a think... Or sometimes just waiting on the platform.

Not ideal but better than nothing. :)

Haha, I don't drive, but if I get some white noise on an iPod to drown out the drummer's music on the way to band practice, I can read then! Though the drummer's Wiccan, so if anything he may turn down the music and ask for a reading or two.

Though for school and work, it's only a couple miles, so I just walk. Maybe get some tarot audiobooks...

Le Fanu

Though for school and work, it's only a couple miles, so I just walk. Maybe get some tarot audiobooks...
Those tarot podcasts from (dammit, can't remember), that site... :(

Somebody will remember!

velvetina

drone-ambient (eg Djinnestan, Saluki Regicide, steve severin) on your ipod & daydream into card on public transport, long urban walks -look for clues too in the people around you, pick random cards and look for urban parallels.....long soaks in a candle-lit bath tub, water fragranced with your favourite oils, interpret your dreams, but if you do this alot be sure to ground yourself well (or fall under a bus/into a bush!)

KMilliron

drone-ambient (eg Djinnestan, Saluki Regicide, steve severin) on your ipod & daydream into card on public transport, long urban walks -look for clues too in the people around you, pick random cards and look for urban parallels.....long soaks in a candle-lit bath tub, water fragranced with your favourite oils, interpret your dreams, but if you do this alot be sure to ground yourself well (or fall under a bus/into a bush!)

I'm not into ambient, but if I get some metal-orchestra instrumentals, that would serve as great white noise. Though for walks, it may be better is I stick to the none busy streets, and keep my music low to hear oncoming traffic XD

What I did one day... At work those who work storefront have scheduled breaks, and the break area is near the dish-station (aka my work station) so I left my cards back there and had people shuffle and pull cards themselves and tell me what they were. This was when the washer was broken and I was doing everything by hand, though. Wouldn't work now :/

That was an interesting day, really taught my coworkers a bit about Tarot, and since I had already been established as a generous, spiritual, and nonviolent person, it probably fixed any negative notions they may have hard regarding tarot :D

NikkiB

i'm so having the same problem!!!

I try to make sure I do my daily draw so I start the day with a reading and its something I can feedback on to myself at the end of the day. I do it while the kettles boiling and the toast is on sort of thing, two birds one stone timing...

I have a tendancy to flip a few cards if I have a question but literally scan them for an impression rather than think about it, I find that quite good for kicking off the intuition and a quick read...

thats all i got right now because I am having exactly the same problem! xx

KMilliron

i'm so having the same problem!!!

I try to make sure I do my daily draw so I start the day with a reading and its something I can feedback on to myself at the end of the day. I do it while the kettles boiling and the toast is on sort of thing, two birds one stone timing...

I have a tendancy to flip a few cards if I have a question but literally scan them for an impression rather than think about it, I find that quite good for kicking off the intuition and a quick read...

thats all i got right now because I am having exactly the same problem! xx

I used to draw a card, contemplate on it throughout the day, then write about it when I get home, but by the time I get home I'm ready to just pass out. The only reason I have down time today and tomorrow is because my band got out of the studio much quicker than expected :D

atman108

What I learned in life:

If I try to do more than I can, I will become frustrated and angry, because it is impossible.
Therefore I try to do only what I can do and then I don't have stress and tension.

What can you sacrifice for Tarot?

KMilliron

What I learned in life:

If I try to do more than I can, I will become frustrated and angry, because it is impossible.
Therefore I try to do only what I can do and then I don't have stress and tension.

What can you sacrifice for Tarot?

Haha, schoolwork. I don't MEAN to do it, but I'll do school work in the lobby where I'm employed (mooching the free wi-fi) and my coworkers will ask me to read for them XD I can't say no.