Need help interpreting all this friggin' Natal Mercury!

Chronata

Mercury is stalking me.

And it all started when I picked up an astrology book from the dollar store, that brilliantly explains the Western astrological chart as actors upon a stage, wearing the costumes of the signs, using the props of the Houses.

Because this idea really gelled with me, I decided to do a more in depth look at my own natal chart, which I have periodically attempted to interpret for the last, oh 15 years, before I usually give up in frustration, and consider myself an utter failure at astrology.

But each time I go back to it, it starts to make more and more sense, like someone finally handed me the key that opens the right door. And turned on the light in the room.

My trouble at the moment is with that trickstery Mercury, who keeps showing up as the archetype God in my dreams and visions, and seems to want me to figure out this whole chart stuff RIGHT NOW.

I keep reading about too much Mercury (AKA Mercury on steroids) and how it can affect a person who has too much.
Of course we choose how we act and how we communicate in life, regardless of what the chart may say... but as lately, I have felt a tremendous difficulty in my communication abilities(I was told recently that my throat chakra was closed!) that I begin to wonder what exactly is "too much" Mercury, and if I am not in some way affected by this god of smoke and mirrors.

Here's some pertinent stuff... to see if anyone can help me figure out how it all ties together.
I am especially concerned with the Mercury/Neptune relationship...as Neptune seems to make everything it comes in contact with a little hazy and fuzzy...including my ability to interpret it.

Sun in Gemini, IX house
Sun square Ascendant
Ascendant in Virgo

Mercury in Gemini, IX
Mercury Opposition Mars
Mercury Opposition Neptune
Mercury Trine Jupiter
Mercury Trine Uranus

Mars Sagittarius III

Jupiter in Virgo, I
Jupiter conjunct Uranus
Jupiter conjunct Pluto
Jupiter conjunct Ascendant

Uranus in Virgo I
Uranus conjunct Pluto
Uranus conjunct Ascendant

Neptune in Scorpio III

Pluto in Virgo I
Pluto conjunct Ascendant

Ok...so figuring that Mercury rules both Virgo and Gemini, and the whole third house thing...am I wrong in thinking that this is just a crapload of Mercury?

And does it any way explain my frustrations in communicating?

Minderwiz

Well the list actually demonstrates too much Mercury, as it shows a real desire to communicate which is frustrated.

I'm afraid I'm one of those people who find it difficult to turn a list of planetary placements into a visualized chart, and without the degree and house placements any comments would contain some significant level of doubt.

it's much easier if you simply give the time date and place of your birth for me and others to draw up an accurate natal chart and try and focus our comments to help as much as possible.

Chronata

Yeah,I was thinking it was way too much mercury as well.

And I appreciate you wanting to take a look at the whole chart too!

6/6/69 1:09 PM
Berwyn Il, USA

Minderwiz

Sorry to take time in getting back to you - I've not been so well recently.

The Mercury Neptune opposition is separating (now over 7 degrees difference) and is out of sign.

However your third is ruled by Mars which is retrograde and is in closer opposition by both sign and degree. Even though Mercury is Retrograde it is slow and approaching its station direct (which it did on 11th June. Thereafter Mercury and Mars will be in a mutually applying opposition.

With Mars in the third and Mercury in the ninth this is going to show up in issues involving communication in 'higher' education situations or even between what one might see as accepted religious practice (the ninth) and more personal religious practice (the third).

Hopefully the issue should have begun to recede by now, or at least be less intense than it was, as by secondary progression the conflict of Mars and Mercury will have passed (though other things may step in)

Your Mercury is actually very strong being in its own sign and triplicity and in the ninth house, however the opposition from Mars, coupled with being retrograde and near the Sun, will likely mean that things don't always work out as intended when it comes to communication. The solution is working on keeping Mars in check - Mars can cause precipitate action and the retrograde can make this not well directed. Your mind is strong so concentrate on acting more deliberatively and in a more controlled fashion. You won't like this because a strong mind likes to 'fly' but you need to keep a firm grip on the rudder to ensure that it's flying in the direction you want LOL

Chronata

Thank you Minderwiz! This put everything into a perspective that I can totally understand now.

My therapist told me that every single thing I do is about communication...and he said I shouldn't beat myself up too much about it...that's the Mars in line there, I'm sure!

And things definitely have improved by now...it's getting easier again to say what I need to, or in the case of last week...to simplify what I was trying to say so a wider audience could get it.

Thanks again! I am still an amateur at reading the charts, but I found that I could easily follow along with what you stated!

Briar Rose

I got this from Astro charts on line:

Name: Chronata
June 6 1969
1:09 PM Time Zone is CDT
Berwyn, IL

Rising Sign is in 21 Degrees Virgo
You tend to be very shy and not very self-assertive. You are supercritical about how you appear to others. Even though you may think you are uninteresting and dull, you are actually quite soft- spoken, orderly, neat and very likable. You are a perfectionist with high standards, and at times you can be quite tactless in pointing out the faults of others. Very practical, efficient and purposeful, your appearance and bearing reflect your need to appear graceful, sensible and reserved. You have a crisp, no-nonsense approach to dealing with others. Never lazy or self-indulgent, you tend to be dedicated to the work ethic.

Sun is in 15 Degrees Gemini.
You have a quick, bright and agile mind, but an extremely short attention span. You love the external, kaleidoscopic aspects of life, but you tend to avoid (and even fear) deep, close emotional involvements. As such, you seem to enjoy travel and sightseeing and generally being "on-the-go." You get quite listless when things around you become static and dull, but your excitement returns whenever you are stimulated by a new idea. Chatty, inquisitive and quite playful, you enjoy practical jokes and games in general. Your moods change quickly and often -- you are very restless and constantly in motion. You are known for your versatility and adaptability. Your vivaciousness enlivens any social gathering.

Moon is in 10 Degrees Pisces.
You have strong feelings and are extremely sensitive. It would help if you had a thicker skin -- you tend to react emotionally to every situation you come across. Kind, gentle and considerate of the feelings of others, you are good at taking care of the sick, wounded and helpless. But you tend to absorb the energy of others -- so avoid those who are always negative. You have a rich, creative and lively imagination, but you should be careful not to spend all your time daydreaming. Very intuitive, you have good ESP and may be quite clairvoyant or psychic. Remember that you too have the right to get what you want from life. If you are always defensive and kowtowing to others, people will take advantage of you and exploit you.

Mercury is in 03 Degrees Gemini.
Your mind is active, quick and agile. You are very restless and you get bored easily. Unless you receive constant mental stimulation, you become extremely nervous and begin to act in an unstable manner. You are probably a good student because of your natural inquisitiveness. You also love to travel. Your learning tends to be superficial, though, because you have a relatively short attention span. Try to develop the mental discipline to finish what you start. Also, you tend to talk on at times seemingly just to fill space -- make sure that your conversation has some substance to it or others will start avoiding you.

Venus is in 00 Degrees Taurus.
You are known to be a warm and affectionate person, and you tend to form long- lasting attachments. The reverse of this is that you can also be quite possessive once you have made a commitment. The beauty, luxury and comfort of your surroundings are important to you and you will devote much time and energy to making your home just right. Beware of your tendency toward self-indulgence, especially with respect to eating incorrectly. You also need outside stimuli to get you in gear When things come too easily for you, you can be lazy and indolent.

Mars is in 07 Degrees Sagittarius.
Your every action is motivated by high moral standards and ideals. You will work very hard to improve the lot of the world at large, but you demand action about it -- you do not like to just sit around and talk about doing it in an abstract manner. You like to be where the real action is. You resist mightily any attempts to limit your freedom and you will assist anyone who feels put down and restricted. You are extremely restless by nature -- physical exercise is very important to you if you would maintain your health.

Jupiter is in 26 Degrees Virgo.
You feel most expansive and at ease with yourself when you are doing something that you consider to be practical or useful. You enjoy being dutiful and carrying out responsibilities. You gladly take on the little tasks that others seem to want to avoid. At times, you carry things to extremes and feel guilty anytime you do something that you consider to be self-indulgent. While it is appropriate for you to demand little for yourself in life, try to loosen up once in a while -- go out on a fling and enjoy yourself!

Saturn is in 04 Degrees Taurus.
Complete freedom of choice makes you ill at ease. You must have a firm, ordered, secure foundation in your life in order to feel comfortable. You do not adapt easily and tend to fear the new and untried. You constantly fear that you do not have enough (love, property, material things, etc.) and this makes you tend toward being selfish, withdrawn and stingy. If you try to surround yourself with supportive people in your environment, you will become more emotionally self-supporting.

Uranus is in 29 Degrees Virgo.
You, and all your peers, will be known for the degree of intensity with which you dislike normal everyday routines and chores. You will go out of your way to invent innovative, unique and timesaving ways to perform the various mundane routines and duties of living. You will be attracted to all manner of practical and useful gadgets -- anything that will make your daily life more exciting.

Neptune is in 26 Degrees Scorpio.
You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme.

Pluto is in 22 Degrees Virgo.
For your entire generation, this will be a time when profound changes in society's attitude toward work, duty and responsibility will be initiated. Radical changes in attitudes toward personal health and general nutrition will be promulgated and gain wide acceptance and practice.

N. Node is in 26 Degrees Pisces.
You're attracted to others who need your assistance. You seem to go out of your way to form relationships with those who are weak, sick, injured, addicted or troubled in some way or other. At your best you can indeed provide the relief that others need. But at times you can be victimized by those who would prey on your good nature and take advantage of you. This can lead to all sorts of negative situations -- make sure that those you assist are truly worthy of your time, energy and commitment. A little enlightened self-protectiveness on your part can make your life work much, much smoother!

Cactus

Wow, Chronata, I just had to reply. We have different aspects, of course, but nearly half of your planets and signs are the same as mine!

Like you, I have:

Sun in Gemini
Moon in Pisces
Mercury in Gemini
Venus in Taurus

Then the generational ones as well, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. I was born in May of '68.

I think the reason I was drawn to your post was that for some reason the title made me feel like something about the post was similar to me.

Then I read your concerns about Mercury and it is so similar to mine! Despite the differences in houses and a few aspects, like you, I've always found myself to be too Mercurial. I am annoyingly too Mercurial sometimes.

I relate to you when you say that everything you do has to do with communication. One difference is that my Mars is also in Gemini! It does not aspect my Mercury and I think that's a good thing. I am already a sarcastic fireball if you p*ss me off, ha ha, so any connection between Mercury and Mars would probably not be good.

I many times drive my husband crazy as well, because of my need to communicate. See, his Mercury is in Pisces, his Moon is in the 12th house. He shuts up like a darn clam. If we have a disagreement, he will hear maybe 5 words of mine and then heads for shelter. I'm left fuming by myself! Then I just write him a nice, long (and properly edited) email and I'm good to go..

So I hear ya on the Mercury scene.