1 sitter - 2 readers - can you pose same question?!

seeker7

Hi guys! :)

Hope you're all well!

I was wondering what your view is on sitters that pose the same question they asked you, to another reader (without you necessarily knowing the reasons behind it).

Recently I have asked a question to a reader (reader A) who kindly offered readings for practice and feedback. I then asked the same question to another reader (reader B). Reader A got quite annoyed, although they retrieved their offer for a reading in a polite way!

Personally, I think asking the same question to two different readers should not be frowned upon, because this is a learning forum. The sitter, as well as the reader are here to learn from each other.

My opinion is that if you are here to learn, then why not have fun and see if the same message comes out from another reader, or how different messages might come through...or how different cards are interpreted to convey the same message, or how similar cards are interpreted differently.

I can see why reader A got annoyed, but their action in retrieving their offer for a reading (even when I offered a new question to replace the older one) made me feel bad!

But I really don't think I should feel bad or guilty about it!

Honest opinions are welcome...!! :)

gypsylady

I can understand what you are saying, but at the same time, there are many people on here who will pose the same question to every reader they come across.
Many people who do this are looking for an answer that they agree with or that they want to hear...
I have to say that when I run across someone posting in every reading exchange asking the same question every time, I find it quite annoying as a member of the forum.
With the tarot, we are told that we should not be asking the same question over and over again. Readers take time and put effort into their readings, so to read a repeat question for someone who has posted it more than once does not seem right or fair to people who could have benefited from a reading... :)

Catmoon

Hi seeker7,
Yes, we are here to learn with each other!!!
That's why if you had one... just one thread ofering readings... maybe you had learned already the answer to your question and had not the need to answer here...
At least you would understand better why reader A had been annoyed.
Honest opinion!!

seeker7

I can understand what you are saying, but at the same time, there are many people on here who will pose the same question to every reader they come across.
Many people who do this are looking for an answer that they agree with or that they want to hear...
I have to say that when I run across someone posting in every reading exchange asking the same question every time, I find it quite annoying as a member of the forum.
With the tarot, we are told that we should not be asking the same question over and over again. Readers take time and put effort into their readings, so to read a repeat question for someone who has posted it more than once does not seem right or fair to people who could have benefited from a reading... :)

I appreciate what you are saying, and yes, in these instances if I was to be the reader I would most certainly agree.

However, in my example, neither of the readings had been given to me yet... so it was like unleashing two birds and waiting to see what they bring back.

I have browsed this forum for a while now, and I know how tiring it can get with people asking the same question hoping for the answer they would like to hear... but in this instance I had little to no emotional connection with the question. It was more lead by curiosity and wanted to start changing my focus from asking romance related questions, to other stuff!!

seeker7

Hi seeker7,
Yes, we are here to learn with each other!!!
That's why if you had one... just one thread ofering readings... maybe you had learned already the answer to your question and had not the need to answer here...
At least you would understand better why reader A had been annoyed.
Honest opinion!!

Hi Catmoon!

The first reading was not yet given when I asked the second reader!! So, as mentioned in my previous reply, it was not done in an attempt to desperately seek an answer I'd like to hear!

Again, I don't blame you for thinking this, as I have seen it happen in here and out of here many times..... might even have been guilty of it in the past.. :D!... but not this time :)!!

Catmoon

Hi Catmoon!

The first reading was not yet given when I asked the second reader!! So, as mentioned in my previous reply, it was not done in an attempt to desperately seek an answer I'd like to hear!

Again, I don't blame you for thinking this, as I have seen it happen in here and out of here many times..... might even have been guilty of it in the past.. :D!... but not this time :)!!
Maybe I didn't express myself right!!!!!
Did you ever offered yourself to read to others?????

seeker7

Maybe I didn't express myself right!!!!!
Did you ever offered yourself to read to others?????

Ahh I see! Valid question, but no reading was expected in exchange, so I'm afraid you might have to explain yourself some more :D!

I have not offered readings in here as yet no, but I have been thinking about doing it recently and see how it pans out. I am reserved with my readings, because I don't want people to rely on my interpretation, eventhough it was their choice to ask for it.... still shy with tarot! :D

Kosjitov

How would you feel as a new reader, if someone more seasoned gave a different answer to the same question? Wouldn't you be discouraged that you might have been wrong? The reading exchange is a very friendly sandbox, and I myself would not want to discourage anyone else. I haven't forgotten how hard it is for others to put themselves out there for their first (or tenth!) go round.

Catmoon

Ahh I see! Valid question, but no reading was expected in exchange, so I'm afraid you might have to explain yourself some more :D!
"A reading was expected in exchange"... No one said so!!!
I have not offered readings in here as yet no, but I have been thinking about doing it recently and see how it pans out.
Thinking... Haaaaa...
I am reserved with my readings, because I don't want people to rely on my interpretation, eventhough it was their choice to ask for it.... still shy with tarot! :D
Could be that you're too much self centered?????
Maybe it's time to give insted of just asking...

seeker7

Could be that you're too much self centered?????
Maybe it's time to give insted of just asking...

Ouchie!! I think that could have been phrased a little better!!

You are taking this out of context... the readings were being offered.. why shouldn't I have taken it?... it was not a reading being offered with additional obligations!

I am going through stages of learning myself... through my own stages... if I don't feel comfortable offering readings as yet, it should not stop me from having readings with those that do!