Lilydale and Tarot?

KMilliron

I know a couple of people here have been to Lilydale, NY, right outside of Fredonia. My friends and I want to go on Monday. What does Lilydale have in terms of Tarot? More specifically, do they sell tarot decks? I lent a deck to my friend and his brother stole it, so he wants to buy me one to pay me back. Asked me to find out if they had any cards there.

Though I live 8 miles away I have never been to Lilydale, which surprises my coworkers considering I read tarot for them, haha.

GoldenWolf

It has been years (the 1990s) since I went so keep in mind that things may have changed. I don't remember anyone reading tarot cards. Mostly, they just do clairvoyant and psychic readings or in public demos. As I recall, they claimed that NY (or maybe local?) law prevented them from using "props" in readings. Presumably that includes tarot, but you can always ask to see if that policy has changed. It's a Spiritualist organization so their emphasis is largely on spirit communication with guides and loved ones in spirit.

According to their website, the bookstore is closed until June. I think their season is basically June to Labor Day. Not all of the mediums live there year round so you may want to call ahead for appointments. They do have a website with a list of mediums and their contact info.

rachelcat

This is completely third-handed, but I have heard through the grapevine that Lilydale folks have not customarily used tarot, and that is just beginning to change a bit in the last 2 years or so.