Curse you, Amazon.com

Asbestos Mango

OK, so I put Robert Wang's Golden Dawn Tarot in my cart. When I did, Amazon only had six copies in stock, when I checked the cart last night, there were only two left, and I didn't want to wait for more copies to come in, so I checked the recommendations to see if there was anything else cool I could buy to get the free shipping.

And ended up pre-ordering the Barbara Moore and Aly Fell Steampunk Tarot. I could only see scans of three cards, but it had kind of a dark look to it, and I figured it would make a nice counterpoint to the Doreen Virtue and Co. Angel Tarot Cards (yes, I pre-ordered that, too).

Dammit, I only wanted the one deck. I thought I'd get a book or something, but Amazon seduced me into buying the Steampunk just like they seduced me into buying the Mystic Dreamer last month.

I really need to stay away from Amazon.

Bhavana

Shame on Amazon. How dare they. It really bothers me when I am forced into buying things online.

PS...I love Wang's Golden Dawn. It has a lot of charm, with it's bad thrift store art appeal - and the Queen of Swords with the severed bloody head is so cool...

jema

heh, they often make me add stuff just to get free shipping. there is a £25 limit on that to sweden so I somehow think if I order more it will be cheaper, failed logic I know.

tarotbear

"THE MORE YOU BUY THE MORE YOU SAVE!" - is a load of crap! The more you buy - the more you SPEND!

A couple of weeks ago I was tempted to buy something on eBay to join 'Bill Me Later' which had a come-on for $5 off your next order ... well, the process didn't happen until after the next purchase was completed, so I ended up using the '$5 off' on something to use it up!

Now - almost DAILY- I get ads from Bill Me Later trying to sell me more so I can put in on hold and pay for it later - why would I want to do THAT? I have no need to buy stuff as it is. I finally had to go online into my account and turn off the email ads. I don't need to be constantly pressured to buy stuff when I have no need to buy stuff 'just because' I can delay paying for them....

Le Fanu

That's Doreen Virtue's guiding Angels for you...

Richard

I hate the way Amazon coerces me to buy things I don't want. After all, I'm not free to just say "no" am I? :rolleyes:

BTW, I have a love/hate relationship with the Regardie-Wang deck. Artistically it is insufferably sophomoric, but esoterically it seems to be spot-on. Isn't it The Magician that looks like a cowboy wearing a miniskirt, and why is The Hanged Man wearing a one-piece lady's bathing suit?

Cassandra022

I hate the way Amazon coerces me to buy things I don't want. After all, I'm not free to just say "no" am I? :rolleyes:

BTW, I have a love/hate relationship with the Regardie-Wang deck. Artistically it is insufferably sophomoric, but esoterically it seems to be spot-on. Isn't it The Magician that looks like a cowboy wearing a miniskirt, and why is The Hanged Man wearing a one-piece lady's bathing suit?

CLEARLY this deck is trying BOTH to be esoterically correct AND to challenge gender norms and constructs :p

metatron3

Amazon is harsh on yo ufor the free shipping.
It is almost always free for me ( .fr ) ... but not if it's not amazon selling it and it looks like it's 3€ at least for a shipping ... and a lot of deck aren't sell by amazon :/
Darn Amazon !

On the other side, I have to wait 104 days until I get the Steampunk ¬_¬
I'm going to make supply and crawl in my bed until that holy day ...

rwcarter

I really need to stay away from Amazon.
My credit card company linked my rewards points with Amazon. Only 1:1 instead of 4:5 like with some of the brick and mortar stores. Since I had $X that was basically free, I just kept throwing things into my cart, including preorders. Let's just say that the final total was X plus a pretty significant Y.... So, what Asbestos Mango said above. :D

Rodney