Conflicting readings

Stark Raven

I did a reading with my old favorite RWS deck re the outcome of a business project I'm looking at. Tarot said to move on as there are so many obstacles to success, the Karma Cards said that their is maximum potential if I can remain focused on it.

I have been stuck on my RWS alone for so long that I have not encountered conflicting readings on the same topic before, so is this common? How does one resolve this in their mind?

tarotbear

It leads me back to the standard answer of 'How many times will you ask the same question of different readers?' to become 'How many different decks or Oracles do you need to ask the same question of?'

The Karma Cards were about focus - possibly saying that if you can't stay focused it won't work out. So, what did the RWS say about focus? My 'middle of the road' answer says that 'unless you can stay focused, you had better move on.'

vee

Do too many readings on the same subject and instead of learning in depth about it, you'll end up so close to it that you can't see the whole anymore.

My advice? Breathe, step back, go do something else for awhile. Get your mind busy. Then come back to your original reading and and sit down with fresh eyes.

Stark Raven

Thanks to both vee and tarotbear. Yes I suppose being too eager to get immediate answers and/or solutions will always have its drawbacks. I never considered it before because I haven't often asked the same question of different decks. You are both right, it makes a mucky mess to deal with thereafter. I will take your advice and attempt to stop scrutinizing so intensely - if I remember to, that might be an issue ;0) I wasn't looking for 'better answers', I was looking for clarity.

As for tarotbear asking if RWS said anything about focus, actually it didn't it was primarily warning me of another aspect of this related to a health issue. But then again this issue makes it hard for me to focus...