attn: sydneysiders!

hollyelizabeth

most aussies know how PAINFULLY expensive it is to buy tarot decks in local stores (stock standard RWS decks are $38 in sydney)

BUT today i was checking out the new age section of Basement Books (the one just outside of the tunnel at central train station!) they had about 8 copies of The Vampire Tarot by Robert M Place reduced from $50 to $12.95!! (which is actually cheaper than anywhere ive seen it online!)

sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread but i just thought some other Sydney people might want a heads up :)

Little Hare

Ooooh if only I could go down there :) That's a really nice thing of you to post

Fly My Pretty

There's a bookstore outside central? haha show's how much attention I pay when I'm out & about, but I guess since I'm usually rushing to catch a train I don't really get time to look around. Have you seen any other decks there at all?

hollyelizabeth

havent seen any other decks there but that's the first time i've been in in a really long time!

i'm pretty sure they just get excess stock from publishers, so i think the range would change all the time.

they had quite a lot of cool books in there, especially in the new age section. i'll go back and check it out this weekend and report back :)

Lenore

Bargain deck

most aussies know how PAINFULLY expensive it is to buy tarot decks in local stores (stock standard RWS decks are $38 in sydney)

BUT today i was checking out the new age section of Basement Books (the one just outside of the tunnel at central train station!) they had about 8 copies of The Vampire Tarot by Robert M Place reduced from $50 to $12.95!! (which is actually cheaper than anywhere ive seen it online!)

sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread but i just thought some other Sydney people might want a heads up :)

Ooooh if only I could go down there :) That's a really nice thing of you to post
It is great to find bargains in AU! Thankyou for letting us know!

Alta

I wonder if the publisher is 'dumping' these decks. In my local Chapters (chain bookstore) this deck has been in the 80% off rack for months now. Last I looked there were two copies left.... and I still didn't buy it. & I love Place's art!