I have survived my first live gig

Carla

I just got back from the pamper night. I am so knackered! I had back to back readings with no break, and did 10 readings in 2.5 hours. I earned £100, and I mean earned. The last reading was just abysmal, partly because the girl who came in said she had nothing to ask was not curious about anything in her life, she just wanted to have a 'new experience.' I was tired from 9 rapid fire readings well, rapid-fire to me anyway) and faced with a young skeptic, I gave a garbled reading and in my befuddled state, offered her some money back. BUT, the earlier readings went well. Two people even cried--I was surprised.

Lessons learned: Charge more. Do fewer readings. Schedule rest between readings. I don't think I can do more than 5 decent readings in one night. I just don't have the stamina.

ETA. Just realised, my underpants are wet like from driving lessons. Jeez.

Also, I would like to impress upon the world, these were my very first live readings for strangers. And I did ten in a row. For money. Even though I'm a little worried about Wonder Girl from the end there, I still feel like it was a major thing for me!

tarotbear

I'm the first to congratulate you!

:party: CONGRATULATIONS! :party:

I totally agree: Charge MORE, Read LESS!

Est

Well done! I'm SO pleased it went well for you :)

AJ

Well done Carla!! My Heroine!!

celticnoodle

:thumbsup:

very good, Carla!

next time, will be a bit easier, as you know now to charge more and read less and take plenty of breaks in between!

Debra

Holy moly--talk about a trial by fire! Bravo!

OOnaOwl

Kudos to you! Way to go! :)

Padma

Yikes! But good on ya, Carla :) you're ok...I used to do parties, I would just abstain form eating meat for a few days first...and went on a light stomach, not much food...and never did more than 7 at an evening's sit. And would get up, walk around, shake my arms and legs etc. between readers. Did you have the others curtained off? I often found my energy was weaker if others were trying to cluster round the table...caused no end of confusion...

congrats on the cards and on the driver's ed :) you go, girl! :D

Gia

Brava! Sounds like you did great! I started off much as you did and soon came to realize that I could read about 5 people per hour doing SHORT, 3 card readings each. The parties I book now are for 10-15 sitters and my pay is about triple what you are charging...you're a pro...raise your rates!

nisaba

Hooray for Carla!

Extra lesson to add to your list: wear wooly, absorbent undies.