Can you read for someone you have NEVER seen/met?

Girl Archer

Silly question I guess, but I got this after a friend asked me to read and tell her "What her soulmate was going through" because she kept falling into these mysteriously lows and she would get these weird dreams that her soul mate needs her or some such thing... So, can one read for a person they have NEVER met, and how accurate is that reading bound to be, because who are you supposed to be focusing on, while doing the reading? You can't just say "my soulmate" because there are supposedly seven of those! Right?

What do you guys do in such situations? Also, what is the best spread to use in such a case? CC?

AJ

these would probably fall into the third party readings I'd think?
Asking about an unknown soulmate is probably the same thing-ish as who will I marry, or what does my future X look like?

But technically answering your question

We do it here every day many times over :) but you are asking 'one removed' right?

Girl Archer

these would probably fall into the third party readings I'd think?
Asking about an unknown soulmate is probably the same thing-ish as who will I marry, or what does my future X look like?

But technically answering your question

We do it here every day many times over :) but you are asking 'one removed' right?

Yes, you are right about the 'one removed'. Sometimes, while doing my WHEN readings, I just focus on that person's name and their post, but with this kind of thing, what name do you even focus on when there is NOTHING to go by?

PathWalker

This may not be the helpful answer you were hoping for, but for me, although I have read for people over the internet I haven't met, I don't read for someone who hasn't asked me.

And if I understand you rightly, your friend is asking you to read for someone other than her (her soulmate)?

So I would gently refuse to read for that other person, but I might offer to read for her, on what it might help her to know about herself at this time for example (after all, it's really her who isn't feeling happy isn't it?)

Interesting topic, thank you, and I'm sure you'll get lots of different responses :)

Pathwalker

Girl Archer

This may not be the helpful answer you were hoping for, but for me, although I have read for people over the internet I haven't met, I don't read for someone who hasn't asked me.

And if I understand you rightly, your friend is asking you to read for someone other than her (her soulmate)?

So I would gently refuse to read for that other person, but I might offer to read for her, on what it might help her to know about herself at this time for example (after all, it's really her who isn't feeling happy isn't it?)

Interesting topic, thank you, and I'm sure you'll get lots of different responses :)

Pathwalker

Yes, she is asking for someone who does not even know I am reading for them or that we (my friend and I) exist :p But naturally, I felt this terrible blockage and I just couldn't read. So, I just gave up, and asked her to just stay strong, be positive and keep the faith. Did I do the right thing by saying that? I am glad you found it interesting, because I thought this question was very silly, as it struck me we do readings for people we have never seen/met on this very forum, every single day (and night).

MountainGirl

Yes, she is asking for someone who does not even know I am reading for them or that we (my friend and I) exist :p But naturally, I felt this terrible blockage and I just couldn't read. So, I just gave up, and asked her to just stay strong, be positive and keep the faith. Did I do the right thing by saying that?

That is almost always a good thing to say :). Beyond that you could suggest to her to meditate on the issue and find out more about her soulmate herself, tell her to send him positive energy or something along those lines. Or you could redirect the reading to what she can do to help this unknown soulmate.

Blessings,
MountainGirl

nisaba

Silly question I guess, but I got this after a friend asked me to read and tell her "What her soulmate was going through" because she kept falling into these mysteriously lows and she would get these weird dreams that her soul mate needs her or some such thing...
<shrug> EWhile we're alive, we have no way of knowing who is our soul-mate. Often it is not our life-partner, more a family member or long-term friend - sometimes it can be our nemesis, doing real work in our lives.

So, can one read for a person they have NEVER met, and how accurate is that reading bound to be,
<laughter> For the answer to that, just go to the reading exchange circle sub-forum here, and pull up all the readings I have done for all my partners, none of whose real names I know, and none of whom I have met. Then read their feedback for accuracy.

Girl Archer

It was a stupid question, I guess.. :-/

Alta

I would say, and some experience confirms, that you certainly can. Until she meets her soul-mate, you can't be sure, but dreams etc may give hints.

I and many here have done readings on political events, world happenings, historical figures, sports events and been able to at least partly confirm the readings. Tarot is a tool that can reach across both time and space.

Padma

It was a stupid question, I guess.. :-/

Aw, Girl Archer! No question is stupid! ;) You had a valid question and I think you did the right thing to not force yourself into providing an answer you didn't feel you had within you to give...