learning question tarot

louiseb

question to everyone

i hope this has posted on the right page if not forgive me. i would like to ask (and forgive my stupidty as im sure there is a simple answer) when people give exchange readings and the querent asks the question and the reader chooses a spread and selects the cards, how does this work i.e am i asking the querents question whilst laying out the spread. i know this sounds a little silly for the more experienced readers but believe me i dont want to get this wrong for no one. I would like to learn and who better can advise me than this forum.
thanks guys for any advice given

nisaba

I simply ask my clients whether they have a situation or an issue on their lives that they'd like the reading to centre around. I never ask for a definite question, and probably less than one client in fifty will give a precise question. They'll ask for me to focus on their relationship (or lack of it), their career, their health, their spiritual life, how they can help their aunt during her illness, etc etc.

All that tells me is the kind of spread I need to throw, to get the relevant information for them. Having decided on the spread, I often completely forget about the issue and just look at the cards and what they have to say in the context of that spread. I don't shuffle for them - they shuffle - and I don't ask them to focus as tehy do so - it seems like a waste of effort. Some of them will, others will be happy to continue chatting, and their readings come out just as relevant and informative, with just as much specific advice about how they can improve things for themselves.

louiseb

I simply ask my clients whether they have a situation or an issue on their lives that they'd like the reading to centre around. I never ask for a definite question, and probably less than one client in fifty will give a precise question. They'll ask for me to focus on their relationship (or lack of it), their career, their health, their spiritual life, how they can help their aunt during her illness, etc etc.

All that tells me is the kind of spread I need to throw, to get the relevant information for them. Having decided on the spread, I often completely forget about the issue and just look at the cards and what they have to say in the context of that spread. I don't shuffle for them - they shuffle - and I don't ask them to focus as tehy do so - it seems like a waste of effort. Some of them will, others will be happy to continue chatting, and their readings come out just as relevant and informative, with just as much specific advice about how they can improve things for themselves.

thank you for the reply so what about on this forum when an exchanged reading is given the same principle would applie i imagine. nisaba thank you very much

gregory

In an exchange reading here, how you organise things is up to the two of you. You can ask that they use the same spread as you want to use, or you can just agree that a reading will be done by each of you. The sitter asks the question; usually the reader chooses the spread, but the people in an exchange can agree whatever "rules" they like. The important thing is that both read and feed back. One thing though - as the rules say - the person asking for an exchange has to be the first to read, as I recall.

In CIRCLES, on the whole, you have to do what the sign-up post says - the host usually gives the spread to use and the way it is to be done. Just in case that was going to be your next question !

louiseb

In an exchange reading here, how you organise things is up to the two of you. You can ask that they use the same spread as you want to use, or you can just agree that a reading will be done by each of you. The sitter asks the question; usually the reader chooses the spread, but the people in an exchange can agree whatever "rules" they like. The important thing is that both read and feed back. One thing though - as the rules say - the person asking for an exchange has to be the first to read, as I recall.

In CIRCLES, on the whole, you have to do what the sign-up post says - the host usually gives the spread to use and the way it is to be done. Just in case that was going to be your next question !

thank you so much for the comment i wasnt really sure how things went i.e regarding the actuall reading spread of the cards so a big thanks

Scibility

Thanks for explaining these Gregory! I wasn't really clear what the difference between the two were, and was trying to figure out why one was a sign up,and the other wasn't. But now I understand.

gregory

Ah, Scibility - the other thing with circles is that you don't choose your partner; that is done by the host by whatever method they choose (Excel with (RND) for me :D).

You sign up, wait for the partnering date and then do as you were told.

Exchanges, you post a thread and say you want a reading and that you will offer one in turn, then you wait for someone to show up, you read for them and then they read for you. Rinse and repeat, if you offered more than one. OR - there is one other way - you agree on an exchange in advance (maybe in a thread or by PM) and then set up a thread to do it (like "Exchange between Scibility and Obama" :D) - as we are not supposed to do whole readings for each other read by PM so if you want to exchange with a friend that's fine as a way to do so. (If I am wrong here, I am sure a mod will step in !)

Your READINGS - you post a reading and hope people will comment with helpful new takes.

I think that's the lot. Just to be TOTALLY clear.

Scibility

Ah, Scibility - the other thing with circles is that you don't choose your partner; that is done by the host by whatever method they choose (Excel with (RND) for me :D).

You sign up, wait for the partnering date and then do as you were told.

Exchanges, you post a thread and say you want a reading and that you will offer one in turn, then you wait for someone to show up, you read for them and then they read for you. Rinse and repeat,

Very Clear, and Thanks for explaining! There's so much to explore on this site, and trying to discover it all in short periods online (without getting sucked in) is impossible... This forum is so addictive :D

P.S. I love your signature. no matter how many times I read it, it cracks me up! LOL