Black Tourmaline

spinnachie

I just purchased Black Tourmaline, I have never purchased a gem or crystal before, but I was told about the powers of this crystal and found it to be intriguing...however I have a question about this...Is it mandatory that I cleanse/charge it? The reason I ask is because I have been looking up ways to do it and quite frankly where I live it's not exactly do-able...There was one way that said to meditate with intent but if you do that you have to be experienced at meditation and such things, which I also am not ;)

Any help on this would be much appreciated ;)

celticnoodle

Most people will tell you it is very important to cleanse and charge your stone, to be sure it is not carrying with it the energy from where it was before. however, a black tourmaline really is one stone that doesn't need to be cleansed or charged, I don't think. because it does not absorb negative energy. I believe I was told this at the shop where I worked.

however, if you wish to do so, cleansing and charging your stone doesn't have to be a big deal. Can you set it on a windowsill at night to absorb the moonlight? if so, do this every day for a month, so it goes through the all the cycles of the moon. you can still hold it and admire it during the day. just make sure at night to put it in the window again.

Or you can put it in a pot of soil (any flower pot will do) and leave it there for 24 hours. then retrieve it and wipe the dirt off of it. black tourmaline is also okay to get wet, so if you need to, you can put it under running water to wash off the dirt.

To charge the stone, just hold the stone and tell the stone what it is you are wanting to use it for. ask the stone if it will help you in your goal. YOu can also hold it and recite a prayer - something to the effect of asking it to only work with the highest positive energy with you. something to that effect.

I have cleansed and charged some of my stones. some I have not. You can also purchase a clear quartz stone and keep your tourmaline or other stones close to it for cleansing.

Some people also feel that gemstones need to be cleansed at least once a month and also after each use.

I'm not sure where I stand on this issue, to be honest. On one point, I feel it is a tool, much like tarot cards and that as long as YOU work with it - in a positive way, then the stone will respond in a positive way. If you use it negatively - it can come back to hurt you. (not the stone really--your own energy that is).

But then, I do sometimes cleanse and charge my crystals too. Setting them in the moonlight can't exactly hurt them, right? some will fade in sunlight, which is why I recommend moonlight instead. some can get wet, some cannot. putting it in a pot with a plant is good too--as soil is most likely not going to hurt it. so, try one of these ideas, if you feel you need to cleanse it.

spinnachie

I do have a window sill, however I live in a basement apartment and the windows are not exactly the cleanest...I was just thinking that might interrupt something...but I will give it a shot! thanks so much celticnoodle :)