How does one use crystals?

Red Emma

I accessed the crystal site (the Cool Stuff one) mentioned earlier and found several listed which might be useful for me. The thing is, I don't know what to do with them. Tape them to the affected spot? Carry them in my pocket? Use them for meditations?

Goddess Bless

All Is One

A Link?

Have been gone way too long from here...could you give me a link to the crystal site you mentioned?

Thanks,

wavebreaker

I just wear them. Either in my pocket, or as a bracelet or a pendant on a necklace.

I'm sure there are other ways of using crystals, but I found this to be the simplest way. ;)

catlin

I also use them to inhance tarot spellwork or tarot readings.

Sulis

I've used them in spellwork as a sort of focusing device for my visualisation.

I've also made a couple of people crystal charms. I made my sister a fertilitly charm out of a bracelet made from jade beads.

Crystals can be 'charged up' with energy, I think that that is how a lot of people use them in spellwork.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

All Is One

Some of my favorite ones are the ones I keep set aside -

I lay them out in combinations or singly - on the spread cloth during readings.
Certain darker ones (large smoky topaz, for instance) take on candlelight beautifully.

Red Emma

Methods of using crystals

catlin said:
I also use them to inhance tarot spellwork or tarot readings.

And exactly how do you use them? Hold them in your hand? Set them on your altar? Other?

Sorry to be so dense, but this is a new field for me.

Goddess Bless

All Is One

People use them with readings in all kinds of ways, but any contact with your chosen crystals before during or after a reading, held, or laid out in any way you like... through meditating on specific types, among other things, the possibilities are endless and there are a lot of good places to find suggestions. On AT, the net, and more books than you can shake a ... topaz at.

I am certain there are many people on AT that have more experience than I do with crystals who can give you more specific help.

I know you will find it creates whole new levels for your tarot experience.

sirona86

i am in the midst of reading Michael Gienger's book, Crystal Power, Crystal Healing and amongst some of the ways of using crystals he mentions is meditating with the chosen crystal at eye-level, or meditating with laid-on stones. some of the positions on the body he recommends to place crystals are between the eyebrows( third eye), heart, solar plexus and the lower edge of the pubic bone.

crystals can also be worn, like amulets , or even placed on the tongue one or two hours before meals

All Is One

For ideas on various crystals and their uses in water - and ones that are actually poisonous- there is an old thread on this under Crystals & Herbs (I think) and it was maybe as long as a year ago, maybe someone knows how to find it... I would refer someone to it before putting anything in the mouth, although I had never given it any concern before, several people who know quite a bit gave exact lists on which crystals and what can happen!

The Thread was called something esoteric like "Crystals & Water" ;)

Actually ~ a great source of information on uses of crystals all the way around would be to go back as far as possible in the AT threads on the subject!