I've Got Opalite Lust!

Gia

I recently purchased what I thought was a moonstone necklace and was infuriated to learn was man-made opalite.
But since wearing it, I found myself so 'in peace' that I became more interested! After learning that opalite is created from opals and labradorite, I felt 'better' about its natural properties...which is important to me! At a rock & mineral show a few weeks back..I found a carved opalite angel and immediate became EMOTIONAL! I was so surprised to find myself so drawn, even 'in need' of this crystal!
I carry that angel everywhere...even purchase a larger one for my altar...
Anyone else have this kind of attraction to opalite? The feeling is pure bliss!

Padma

I purchase what I thought was a moonstone necklace and was infuriated to learn was man-made opalite.
But since wearing it, I found myself so 'in peace' that I became more interested! After learning that opalite is created from opals and labradorite, I felt 'better' about its natural properties...which is important to me! At a rock & mineral show a few weeks back..I found a carved opalite angel and immediate became EMOTIONAL! I was so surprised to find myself so drawn, even 'in need' of this crystal!

Gia, if you look back a page or two, I think there were posts in the Crystals thread that discussed Opalite...it's a lovely stone, and the person who had purchased one felt the same as you did inititally. But he says he puts it under his pillow and it helps him get a better night's sleep :) I have bought man-made crystals before, and they have worked a treat for me - just cause it is man-made in a lab or whatever doesn't mean it doesn't work! Man-made crystals start with the base or DNA of the actual crystal, and so yep, you have somehting real there :) you might even consider it more gentle, because it wasn't torn out of the Earth - more "green" and less violent, IMO...and as to labradorite, I bought two massive chunks today - they actually "called" to me a few days ago when I was at the store, and I had to go back today and buy them....crystals choose you, not the other way round! :) enjoy, love and embrace your Opalite :) It loves you! :D

Gia

Thanks Lotus...I am pretty sure that I posted in that thread too...but even since, I have been on an opalite buying binge...I can't get enough! Thank you for affirming the 'real' nature of the crystal!
I also am mad crazy for Laboradorite and just purchased a meatloaf sized one at the same show where I found the angel!

Padma

they are lovely, Gia... :) I am glad they resonate with you!

Bhavana, can't see your link! :(

earl

I have learned to love my opalite egg. I still put it under my pillow and it gives me a deep relaxing sleep where I simply smile the moment I wake up.

I even gave each of my close friends an opalite egg to help them with their sleep.

I guess, man-made or not, my opalite called to me. And it is helping me to get a good night's rest ever since I bought it.

I've heard that some man-made/man-enhanced crystals sometimes have more powerful vibrations like Angel Aura. So man-made or not, they are still crystals and I love them. =)

Gia

Thanks Lotus...they're even prettier in person...milky white in room light, sparking with blues and glowing yellows in the sun...
Earl...I will have to try to put mine under my pillow too! I have an egg that may be opalite too...but the outside is frosted and not polished...is yours like that too?

celticnoodle

I recently purchased what I thought was a moonstone necklace and was infuriated to learn was man-made opalite.

I've never heard of opalite. My birthstone is opal and I love them, and I also like labradorite. I can only imagine how beautiful your opalite must be!

I do know that opals are a stone with a lot of healing powers in them. they also are known to be linked to the heart and so will do it's best to make the owner of them happy and calm.

as for labradorite, I didn't know anything on their properties, so googled it. (of course! :p) and it says it is linked to the 3rd eye and also to Archangel Raphael--the archangel of healing and love. it is also known to promote calmness and psychic abilities.

sounds like a great combo to really keep one calm and happy! wear it in good health. :)

eta: can't see your link either, bhavana. did see Gias link. very pretty angels! never thought about sleeping with it, but yes, I can see where that would help. I don't own a labradorite myself--only have seen them. I would love an opalite, I think. :)

Bhavana

oops, sorry all - you can't see the link because I had the picture as private. Try again here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13845451@N06/6726230443/in/photostream

the ring is pretty old, I think it has a sort of art deco 1920's sort of style. The stone looks gray in the picture, but flashes other colors as well depending on the light. Something this ring has, which I have noticed in other older rings, is that the setting underneath the stone, the part that lies against your finger, is full of ornate swirls and carvings in the gold...not sure why they would make a part you can't see look pretty, but it's a nice touch.