Spirit

Bluebonnet

This may be a silly question. And, this may not be where I'm supposed to post this question, but I don't see an area in divination area.

I'm curious about people who receive messages from "Spirit". I assume that is where we receive our messages through tarot cards. I'm talking about those who are clairvoyant....or, I've heard someone call themselves Indigo. I'm assuming these are chosen people who can communicate with "spirit" with out the use of cards or other mediums.

I'm just curious about the information these chosen ones are given. Are all the answers correct? Why can't "Spirit" answer the questions for the chosen ones about their own lives?

SunChariot

This may be a silly question. And, this may not be where I'm supposed to post this question, but I don't see an area in divination area.

I'm curious about people who receive messages from "Spirit". I assume that is where we receive our messages through tarot cards. I'm talking about those who are clairvoyant....or, I've heard someone call themselves Indigo. I'm assuming these are chosen people who can communicate with "spirit" with out the use of cards or other mediums.

I'm just curious about the information these chosen ones are given. Are all the answers correct? Why can't "Spirit" answer the questions for the chosen ones about their own lives?

I don't suppose I would qualify as an Indigo or an actual clairvoyant. Althiough I have had my moments when I have had such experineces. But not often. But yes it is my belief that it is Spirit (G-d and or my angels) who aer communicating with me through the cards. They send the right cards and help me interpret them as they were meant to be understood.

I believe all of us have this ability and that Tarot strengthens it. Now here is the complicagted part. I can certainly communicate with Spirit whenever I want to (some call that prayer and I guess I would to) but it does not answer me back immediately most time. I am just told what I need to know when I need to. I cannot initiate a two way conversation (without the cards) where I can expect to ask a question and get an immediate answer.

But when it does want to Spirit can and often does initiate a conversation with me. If thre is something I need to know I am told. Since starting Tarot this has been so. I get signs in all kiinds of ways that tell me important things I need to know in my life. They can comine in song lyrics, TV commercials, in my dreams and in a miriad of ways.

I have had some clairvoyant, clairaudiaent and even the one where you are told what you need to know through your senes of smell, But there are isolated incidents. I have had them but they are rare,. Usually I just get signs ...Sometimes I even get signs to pick up my cards and do a reading on a subject, when I had not planned to.

That happens when I see the same name or word 3 or more times in a short timeframe. That means to me that Spirit is trying to tell me something I need to know on the topic. Then I pick up a deck of cards and ask WHAT is the message it si trying to tell me. And it is always something important that i needed to know.

Babs

Bluebonnet

Thanks, Babs!

You are always so kind to answer my silly questions! :) I do have such a hard time being 100% convinced on "spirit" and "spirit guides" mainly because I don't think I have guides. Well, they don't talk to me or send me messages. I have not had a major "aha" moment with tarot, either. But, I read the threads and think "wow! that couldn't have been just a lucky guess!"

Also, sometimes I wonder....do these people think they have "spirit guides" or are they schizophrenic?

Yeah, there really isn't any logic to the correct tarot cards popping up for certain questions.

Thanks again, Babs! I hope you're getting closer to your dream! ;)

Sword King

Yeah, there really isn't any logic to the correct tarot cards popping up for certain questions.

This is 'spirit' in a nutshell, or at least it is to me. I call it 'the universe', but what I call it is merely a reflection of my beliefs. And perhaps that's why your question has only provoked a few responses - beliefs are personal.

It's my theory that we all have a slightly different theory as to how tarot works, and that we prefer to keep that theory to ourselves. Because, really - it shouldn't work as efficiently as it does. 'Spirit' factors into that - it's the voice that those images speak in, and that voice could be spirits, deities, angels, demons, the universe, or personal intuition.

What's amazing about tarot is how all of these voices coalesce into meaningful insights. Christians, Buddhists, Agnostics, Atheists, Pagans, Thelemites, and many others all meet and find enough common ground that there must be some sort of magic at work.

Or spirit.

Or not. :)

SunChariot

Thanks, Babs!

You are always so kind to answer my silly questions! :) I do have such a hard time being 100% convinced on "spirit" and "spirit guides" mainly because I don't think I have guides. Well, they don't talk to me or send me messages. I have not had a major "aha" moment with tarot, either. But, I read the threads and think "wow! that couldn't have been just a lucky guess!"

Also, sometimes I wonder....do these people think they have "spirit guides" or are they schizophrenic?

You're very very welcome and there are no silly questions anyway.

Well I did not start out beleiving in any of this either. I was brought up by to staunch atheists who made fun of anyone who so much as believed there was a G-d, much less anything else. At the time I started Tarot I had a vague belief that there might possibly be a G-d and was not even sure of that, never mind angels or spirit guided. Learning Tarot is a life education, it teaches you way more than to just read cards.

The more I learn to read, the more I learnt about life. To start with something was answering my questons through the cards. There was no deniying that and it was consistent and wise. That was my first clue. Because all those wise answers each and every time were not coincidence. That was the first clue for me, in my spirtual search.

Then I got the Faeries Oracle by Biran Froud. The book says outrigth that faeries are real and gives exercises on how to contact them and to have them contact you. I have alwyas been openminded and believe that if you can't proove that something does NOT exist then it may will exist. SO I let go and did all the exercises fully. And ....as strange as this seems, faeries started contacting me.

It was at that point that I started to get messages through all my senses. I guess when I really opened up to trying. It was as if when I tried to contact them, it was like "Here we are, what took you so long???"

But when ti started it was really scary in that it conflicted with my view of reality and what is possible in this world. I thought I was losing my mind at first, with my upbringing, until I went on Brian Frouds site and talked to many many people about what I was experiening (probably hundreds) and they all had had similar experiences. That is when I calmed down, realized (for me) that it was real and that it was in fact beautiful

And life starting sending me signs.

At that point I beleived for sure in G-d and the faeries. But not in angels yet.

Then I did a reading for a friend (Lovers Path Tarot) and I saw as her asnwer that she was completely safe and protected and could relax into the sitaution because her angels were there with her keeping her safe from any harm. I just saw the card, knew 150% that that was the anwer. Except i did not believe in angels, so how could I see that? The querent was a friend who already did beleive in angels. So I asked her all about it, and she talked to me and recommended books on the subject and they have been a very real and imporant part of my life ever since.

I even have a drawing someone that was done for me once of one of my guardian angels and one of my spirit guides on the wall near my bed. And two separate people have seen that same spirit guide as being a Native American. These people did know know each other or of each other and they both saw the same thing.

the more I believed the more miracles came into my life, more and more signs and heck by now I don't even notice the things that at frist seemed so miraculous, they are so everyday occurances now.

Like the times I was not feeling well on the way home from work, and I asked (prayed) for a taxi to be there when I got out so I could get home quickly and easily. And it was a bad snow storm that day which makes it really hard to get a taxi, I just asked that there be one right outside when I walked out the door. And there it was. When I got in the driver acutally told me "I don't know what it was, I wanted to drive away a few moments ago but something stopped me. I don;t know what ti was but something made me feel I had to wait."

I almost had my mouth hanging open. I knew just what it was, my angels. :grin:

It happens to me a lot now. Tarot was the start of all this in my life. I guess it opened me up to it. I get signs all the time know. If there is something I need to know, liofe tells me.

Maybe that is the start, realizing that the right Tarot card coming up, even a brilliantly wise card coming up, can be coincidence. But if it happens each and every time for weeks, months, years???There is a point where you have to accept that this could not possibly happen randomly this many times in a row. Logic tells you this cannot possible be happening randomly that many times.

It's literally impossible for years of accurate readings to be coincidence, even months of it, and even weeks of it you can see something is happening. That is where I think each reader had to come to terms with that inside themselves. The...if it is NOT coincidnece and it can't possibly be tha many tiems in a row then what IS it. Answers vary, but I think its something we all try to make sense of.

Babs

Bluebonnet

Thank you for your thoughts, Sword King!

Wow, Babs! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! So many people on this forum say they communicate with spirits and angels. I don't...maybe I'm just not one of the chosen ones, or maybe I'm just blocked. Maybe I should just be patient and open minded.....:)

Stam123

thankyou so much bluebonnet for asking this question and for the ones responding. I was curious about the exact same thing. I posted a similar question yesterday when i joined and thought perhaps people thought i was a nut job. As no one replied. This has made me feel totally not alone now. When i started using tarot i seemed to feel a presence around me, not a negative one, but either way it totally freaked me out + i asked it to leave it comes back now and again could that perhaps be a spirit guide do you think??

SunChariot

thankyou so much bluebonnet for asking this question and for the ones responding. I was curious about the exact same thing. I posted a similar question yesterday when i joined and thought perhaps people thought i was a nut job. As no one replied. This has made me feel totally not alone now. When i started using tarot i seemed to feel a presence around me, not a negative one, but either way it totally freaked me out + i asked it to leave it comes back now and again could that perhaps be a spirit guide do you think??

It very much could be and likely is. I think the only reason these thing freak us out as we are taught these thongs are not possible. We live, for the most part, in a society that values what can be proven scienrifically over the spiritual. Still there are lots of thing in life that are spiritual and cannot be proven.

For what it is worth, I've had that top so you're not alone. I've also felt a touch on my shoulder once or twice when there were no other people in the room, snd once orxtwocw actually seen an angel, just the faintest outline of their shape, bur quite clearly, when I was very down, like they wanted me to see I was not alone and they were there.

It only sounds crazy because we are brought up to believe it is impossible. But my current beliefs tell me that it isn't and that there are angels who very much can make themselves know when they want to, and Spirit guides.

Babs

daphne

Then I got the Faeries Oracle by Biran Froud. The book says outrigth that faeries are real and gives exercises on how to contact them and to have them contact you. I have alwyas been openminded and believe that if you can't proove that something does NOT exist then it may will exist. SO I let go and did all the exercises fully. And ....as strange as this seems, faeries started contacting me.

And so you know, I just ordered the Faeries Oracle. My very first oracle deck! I don`t believe in them, I think they are just silly.

But your story was so nice, I had to try this and read the book. Maybe there is something there...Especially because when I was a child I was 100% convinced that faeries exist. I used to talk to them till I found out they are just made up stories for kids.

celticnoodle

Thanks, Babs!

Bluebonnet, I wish I had seen this thread days ago. a great question you asked, and with all the responses you received, a fantastic thread! I do get answers and communicate with guides, spirits and angels via the cards and other tools I use as well. I am a psychic medium as well, so I don't really need the cards to communicate w/them, but its wonderful to incorporate their messages to me or my client when I am giving a tarot card reading.

And, yes, sometimes it is my guide coming through. Sometimes my clients guide is coming through. Sometimes it's their dear old departed Aunt Mary or whomever that is coming through with a message for them. I've even had a clients ex husband, who had passed on years after their divorce with a message for the client--much to her surprise. she really didn't want to talk to him, even in spirit form, :p but, the message he had for her was something good that she really needed to hear. "Of all people to come through with the answer, it had to be him!" (and a...er....name she called him, :p) I could see him very well in spirit too, so was able to describe him to a tee, which is how she knew for sure it was him, as well as getting some other private information from him to confirm it. So, yes, it can and does happen.

Like Barbara says too, sometimes I get a name or a birthdate, or I see the spirit. I may feel something - a pain for instance. I may see a car, a home, etc. I might smell or taste something. it comes in a variety of ways.

am I schizophrenic? :p well, never been diagnosed as such! do I have spirit guides? yes, of course! we all do. you may not 'see' them or 'hear' them--but you have them BB. Some guides will never show themselves. Who knows why? I have one guide whom I never see her face--ever! I see her arms and her hands. nothing else. she always has a cat with her. I see that cat a lot. it has even appeared to me when I was in bed, trying to go to sleep and put its paw on my face. others have also seen this cat and this woman--but again--not the face. But, yes, you do have guides. many of them. including animal guides. and yes, I've seen them as well.

You're very very welcome and there are no silly questions anyway.

It was at that point that I started to get messages through all my senses. I guess when I really opened up to trying. It was as if when I tried to contact them, it was like "Here we are, what took you so long???"

But when ti started it was really scary in that it conflicted with my view of reality and what is possible in this world. I thought I was losing my mind at first, with my upbringing, until I went on Brian Frouds site and talked to many many people about what I was experiening (probably hundreds) and they all had had similar experiences. That is when I calmed down, realized (for me) that it was real and that it was in fact beautiful

And life starting sending me signs.

At that point I beleived for sure in G-d and the faeries. But not in angels yet.
I was so glad to read this from you, Sun Chariot! I also have this faerie deck and book and yes the spirits also come to me as well. I've always believed in faeries and little people and angels and the like though. grew up believing in it and raised in a family that did as well. My grandmother was always telling us to be careful when we were out in her garden playing to not step on the faeries and the like! My grandfather was from Ireland and he always told us he was a leprechaun. funny thing is - he looked like he was! :p So, we all grew up with that belief that they are real and I know they are.

As are angels. I've seen them too!
Then I did a reading for a friend (Lovers Path Tarot) and I saw as her asnwer that she was completely safe and protected and could relax into the sitaution because her angels were there with her keeping her safe from any harm. I just saw the card, knew 150% that that was the anwer. Except i did not believe in angels, so how could I see that? The querent was a friend who already did beleive in angels. So I asked her all about it, and she talked to me and recommended books on the subject and they have been a very real and imporant part of my life ever since.

I even have a drawing someone that was done for me once of one of my guardian angels and one of my spirit guides on the wall near my bed. And two separate people have seen that same spirit guide as being a Native American. These people did know know each other or of each other and they both saw the same thing.

the more I believed the more miracles came into my life, more and more signs and heck by now I don't even notice the things that at frist seemed so miraculous, they are so everyday occurances now.

Like the times I was not feeling well on the way home from work, and I asked (prayed) for a taxi to be there when I got out so I could get home quickly and easily. And it was a bad snow storm that day which makes it really hard to get a taxi, I just asked that there be one right outside when I walked out the door. And there it was. When I got in the driver acutally told me "I don't know what it was, I wanted to drive away a few moments ago but something stopped me. I don;t know what ti was but something made me feel I had to wait."

I almost had my mouth hanging open. I knew just what it was, my angels. :grin:

It happens to me a lot now. Tarot was the start of all this in my life. I guess it opened me up to it. I get signs all the time know. If there is something I need to know, liofe tells me.

Maybe that is the start, realizing that the right Tarot card coming up, even a brilliantly wise card coming up, can be coincidence. But if it happens each and every time for weeks, months, years???There is a point where you have to accept that this could not possibly happen randomly this many times in a row. Logic tells you this cannot possible be happening randomly that many times.

It's literally impossible for years of accurate readings to be coincidence, even months of it, and even weeks of it you can see something is happening. That is where I think each reader had to come to terms with that inside themselves. The...if it is NOT coincidnece and it can't possibly be tha many tiems in a row then what IS it. Answers vary, but I think its something we all try to make sense of.

Babs
I love your posts, Babs. they are always so insightful and sweet! I especially enjoyed this one here. :)

Thank you for your thoughts, Sword King!

Wow, Babs! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! So many people on this forum say they communicate with spirits and angels. I don't...maybe I'm just not one of the chosen ones, or maybe I'm just blocked. Maybe I should just be patient and open minded.....:)
perhaps you are blocked for now. perhaps you are just not ready to make the contact yet BB. don't give up though, if it is really something you want. keep trying and stay alert. you never know when they will come to you or how.

I didn't see your post either Stam and welcome to AT! I would imagine the presence is your guide or someone who is trying hard to make contact with you. keep at it and ask them to make their presence known--it may not happen immediately, but sooner or later it will!

And so you know, I just ordered the Faeries Oracle. My very first oracle deck! I don`t believe in them, I think they are just silly.

But your story was so nice, I had to try this and read the book. Maybe there is something there...Especially because when I was a child I was 100% convinced that faeries exist. I used to talk to them till I found out they are just made up stories for kids.
:thumbsup: you will love the faeries! one thing that is a bit difficult with this deck, IMHO is that the meanings for each card, you really need the book. So, as a result, I don't reach for this deck immediately, when doing a reading, only when they call for me. but, I do love them. they are interesting faeries to be sure, and I like to pull them out and get to know them all over again when I am up for it. There is also a faerie card oracle reading exchange thread on here, do look for it and join up one time. we do one faery reading exchange with a partner once a month. it's always a short spread and its always a lot of fun and so accurate, it's uncanny! I'm sure you're going to come to love this deck for their accuracy, bluntness and honesty if nothing else--because they are that!