Hello? Tarot Calling...

spinnachie

I thought I would share this story of what happened to me last week...

First a little background: About 2 years ago, I was living with my cousin. One day I bought a deck, in an attempt to learn tarot. The deck I bought had absolutely beautiful imagery but for the life of me I couldn't even tell you the name. I had said to myself that I would learn the tarot and study it and get serious with it. Well that lasted for a whole 2 days because I was busy and never made the time to actually invest into learning, days turned into weeks, weeks into months, I ended up forgetting about the deck I purchased...and then my cousin and I decided to get our own places. Once I moved into my own place last year I remembered this deck and began looking for it. I searched high and low and it was no where to be found. The thought irritated me but at the same time I figured "oh well, I'll just grab another deck from the shop down the street".
I went to the shop and bought myself a Rider-Waite, and actually began learning, with the aid of books, a class I had come across and of course this website, although I am fairly new here still I have found it to be extremely helpful. Which has given me the motivation to continue my learning.
Last week, I had a dream that I received a call, I looked on the screen of my phone and noticed it was my cousin...but when I had answered it wasn't her, it was the Tarot cards calling me! Later that day I asked my cousin if she happened to have a Tarot deck there by any chance. She said "yes, you gave me a deck with a book when we were 16". I had completely forgotten about that deck but after her mentioning it I recalled purchasing a deck and not even opening it at all. Then one day just got frustrated and gave it to her saying that I'd never get it she might as well have it. I told her however, that wasn't the deck I was looking for, and explained the situation, she didn't have my deck. :(
Saturday, I was visiting her, and ended up telling her that I have been getting back into the Tarot and I feel as though I am finally feel I am understanding it, she asked me to do a reading and I had my cards with me so I agreed. She was really impressed.
She then gave me the cards I originally gave to her, and said "here, you're doing really well with this, I want you to have these back because they will do more good for you then for me".

I'm sorry for the length of this but I just had to share this with you all, and would like to know if anyone else has experienced something like this or not. :)

nisaba

<smile> I think we all have odd stories about how decks came to us, and how decks left us ...

tarotbear

:D Spinnachie, it's a WONDERFUL story! How nice that it came back to you!

canid

How sweet! What a memory for you. OK, 2 yrs ago, I'm reading, when you were 16 (?), makes you around 18, right? You have such a journey ahead of you! There may be times in your life when you abandon tarot & come back to it (but maybe not!), but I began my journey when I was around 13 I think, on & off, & this time will always be precious to you. Do the books if you want, & this site is invaluable, but learn how to rely on your intuition from the get-go, before you get embroiled in what that card 'has' to mean. Learn the energy of 'that' card & it'll send you down a million paths. Have fun!

Alta

I liked the story about the dream. And a nice chance to visit your cousin plus you got a 'new' deck of cards. Sounds great to me. :)

spinnachie

How sweet! What a memory for you. OK, 2 yrs ago, I'm reading, when you were 16 (?), makes you around 18, right? You have such a journey ahead of you! There may be times in your life when you abandon tarot & come back to it (but maybe not!), but I began my journey when I was around 13 I think, on & off, & this time will always be precious to you. Do the books if you want, & this site is invaluable, but learn how to rely on your intuition from the get-go, before you get embroiled in what that card 'has' to mean. Learn the energy of 'that' card & it'll send you down a million paths. Have fun!

actually no 2 years ago i bought the deck that i still havent found...im 33 now ;) i should have mentioned that but i was so eager to write lol...i was 16 when i gave my cousin the deck she returned to me last saturday...2 years ago i bought the deck i cant remember and still havent found...perhaps in 10 years that one will return to me lol ;)

Grizabella

I should have had some coffee before reading this one. :p LOL I read that the Tarot was calling you on the phone and thought "Hmmm, what have we here? This this may be someone who gives a little too much 'personality' to the cards." Then I finally realized what you were really saying.

spinnachie

Just a little update...Since this has happened my mind has been focussed on finding the deck I lost 2 years ago...I had turned my apartment inside out looking for them, and finally came to the conclusion that they were gone and I had to accept it. I found the book they came with and realized they are the the "Legacy of the Devine Tarot" cards...I began going through the book, and really wishing I hadn't lost them.
Last night I was searching for my checkbook (something I keep hidden even from myself lol) and I FOUND THE CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The funny thing is...they were in a cloth bag that also had my photo albums in it because I currently don't have a designated spot for my photo albums...I checked that bag at least 15 times, and nothing...last night, there they were slapping me in the face...they were all mixed up but the bottom card was The Fool...and it looked like he was laughing at me, as if he played a joke on me haha ;)

Alta

hahaha...... good story. I am sure there is a message in there somewhere. :D

astronautica

What a great story! I'm glad you found your cards again :) Things always seem to turn up when you stop looking for them and start looking for something else entirely.

I think my first deck has disappeared off the face of the earth... not that it was a particularly beautiful deck and I know I would never use it, but it would be nice to have for sentimentality's sake.