Cards have a sense of humor

Ceste

Well, at least my deck has a sense of humor.

I did my daily draw. At the moment, I draw 2 cards off the top and 1 from the base for my daily readings. (This thread is not about readings, we're good)

The two cards off the top were each Knights, okay, I can see that. In my rather mundane and boring life, this is going to be people/family I'm going to be interacting with today.

Now, here's the funny! The base card, the card from the bottom of the deck, the card as read as the undercurrent for the day... The Fool.

Huh? How's that work out? "Are we talking about the start of a new week, new ideas, blah blah," goes my mind. Then it dawns on me... It's April Fool's Day!

Yep, my cards are that blunt and humorous! (They can be deep too, but that doesn't fit the topic today)

How about you? Anyone else have examples of humor in their readings?

beekie

Maybe not so much humor, but they are just always right! I did a reading for myself to confirm some guys feelings for me, and sure enough the cards were crystal clear and I actually said to my cards "ha!! I knew it!!". And this was a very particular situation my girlfriend happened to suggest, and sure enough :) I called her up to tell her and she let out the "I told you so!".

Sometimes I even feel my cards speak to me like a parent, as I have rolled my eyes at a few spreads and have said "ugh, whatever" haha! I must admit I get upset when they don't tell me what I want to hear.

Kangiska

Hi,

I think that life has a sense of humor, we have the possibility to follow it ;-)

Here my story with tarot...

I was in a shop and saw the Fey Tarot. In German, the translation ist "Lucky Fairy Tarot"
I thought the name was an 'insult' and decided not to buy it.

Some time later, I was looking for a tarot card that fit my purpose for a flyer. I wanted a 'hermit' that wasn't so sober, but that showed that he too hat to check on his skeletons in the closed before becoming wise.

Finally I found a gnome looking at the M.C. Escher like stairs of his cellar and not seeming 'wise' at all. I liked it, it was exactly what I was looking for.
Then I checked the name of the Tarot: The "Lucky Fairy Tarot". I laughed out lout, and went to buy it.

It is one of my best decks ever by now.

Greetings

Kangiska

celticnoodle

Now, here's the funny! The base card, the card from the bottom of the deck, the card as read as the undercurrent for the day... The Fool.

Huh? How's that work out? "Are we talking about the start of a new week, new ideas, blah blah," goes my mind. Then it dawns on me... It's April Fool's Day!

Yep, my cards are that blunt and humorous! (They can be deep too, but that doesn't fit the topic today)

How about you? Anyone else have examples of humor in their readings?
:p cute! that is very cute.

Mine is when I would draw one card each night to tell me about the day to come. One night, I pulled the 10 of swords. :eek: I was worried that I would probably be in a car accident or something-as I had a doctors appointment at the hospital, an hours drive away, and the highway has idiots driving on it-the whole way. So, I was very careful, driving there, and made it safely, got in for my appointment, - which was for an allergy test--and still wondering what the 10 of swords could mean, the nurse came in with about 40 needles-to insert into my back! :laugh:

As soon as she came into the room with the needles, I realized. the 10 of swords was being very literal--I was being stabbed in the back with all those needles! :p

Alta

I was seriously over-worrying a situation, pacing the floor, etc. I drew a card and it was 10 of swords and I started to laugh. It was if the cards said "Enough already, it isn't that bad!" And, in the end, it wasn't. :)

celticnoodle

Exactly, Kangiska, only it really was not painful at all and I did not have that upset facial look. :p

celticnoodle

You know, another funny card thing with me is whenever I do a reading regarding my husband, the Magician card always comes up representing him. Also when I have other people doing a reading about him, it comes up for him. Its funny, as before I really began to notice this, I wouldn't have assigned that card to represent him--but as it kept popping up for him, I can see that it is exactly the right card for him!

He is an engineer, but always in positions where he helps to invent new things--and he has invented many new things that are now in use worldwide. He is the luckiest person I know too--always seems to be in the right place at the right time and he is very charismatic. a real charmer. well liked and respected, he has all the good qualities of the magician, T.G. :D He just has a way of always making things work out well for him/us. He is truly the magician!