Health issues in tarot

daphne

I usually don`t do health readings. Mostly because I am afraid I could be wrong.

But I have to tell you an interesting reading I did for somebody asking especially about health.
I got for her 10 of Swords, HR deck.
First I wanted to tell there are back problems but somehow, my attention was pulled but the 2 little red beads fallen from the hair of the "victim".
Here is the image:
http://www.albideuter.de/html/hanson-roberts_59.html

Kidney stones appeared in my mind and I told her. No, no problems with the kidneys, she said. Just some back problems. I admitted I may be wrong and moved on, regretting I did not say the back problems from the first time.

One month passed and she got again in contact with me to thank me dearly. She just had a check up for her kidneys and she had, indeed, stones. Because they detected early enough, she avoided surgery.
And she was very very grateful I told her to check up her kidneys.

I am thinking, maybe sometimes it`s better to speak up about health problems.

Do you guys have some stories about health issues you could see?

tarotbear

daphne ~ you are very lucky.

The majority of us would not go as far as you did because we see the potential danger in a Querent asking us to use or our using Tarot as a medical diagnostic tool. As I read your post, I get the impression that the 'kidney stone' impression 'just popped out,' not that many things don't 'just pop out' while you are doing a reading on any subject. That is fine, but if it had been I, I would have put a disclaimer in the sentence - something like; "I do not usually go into health issues here since I am not a physician and cannot give medical advice - but the beads suddenly made 'kidney stones' pop into my head."

As far as "I wish I had said 'back problems' the first time around" ~ same thing. I would have said 'Perhaps a visit to your doctor is in order.'

Just my two cents.

Frindle

Hi Daphne;
I once looked at a health question (full recovery from pain soon with medications taken?)
and received the 6 of wands in the RWS deck.
While all sources would seem to say victory and recovery, all I could focus
on was the wreath hanging over the staff. Looking at the image, the tip of
the staff protrudes out through the wreath at the top. Anyone else see a hernia
that needed looking at with that? I said the horse indicated taking another trip to the dr.
I was really surprised by both my interpretation, and that I was RIGHT on that one!

Congrats on being fully aware and willing to take a chance to say something "non
traditional" from the cards.

Melia

Well done Daphne. One of the signs of kidney stones is back pain.

I personally think it is important to speak out about health issues if the message is coming across strong. It's all about how you approach it and what you say.

I think most people who sit for a reading understand the reader is most likely not a doctor.
If you phrase what you see as a question - i.e. do you have any kidney issues/problems .... any back pain? rather than 'I think you have kidney problems', you avoid the diagnosing trap. And, if the person is having health issues they will often know whether what you have raised with them might be an issue; and in those instances, if they're wise, that will be a trigger for them to go and get it checked out.

Like Frindle, I agree that reading the signs the card is giving you 'at the time' is important; rather than just handing out the 'standard' meaning all the time.

daphne

I think most people who sit for a reading understand the reader is most likely not a doctor.
If you phrase what you see as a question - i.e. do you have any kidney issues/problems .... any back pain?

Yes, I always put this as questions. You can never know for sure...Unless you are psychic, which I am not.

(Her back problem was in the superior part cervical-thoracic, not the lower lumbar back)

daphne

While all sources would seem to say victory and recovery, all I could focus
on was the wreath hanging over the staff. Looking at the image, the tip of
the staff protrudes out through the wreath at the top. Anyone else see a hernia
that needed looking at with that?

That is a nice finding!
Not so much of a victory, but hernia in wreath of 6 of wands!
Yes, definitely you can see this.

Melia

Yes, I always put this as questions. You can never know for sure...Unless you are psychic, which I am not.

(Her back problem was in the superior part cervical-thoracic, not the lower lumbar back)

Ok .... but the card illustrates knives in the back and beads that look like kidneys. Kidney stones often cause a gripping pain to the back.