I have trouble reading for men :(

BelovedK

In my regular reading job in a local store I feel so confident for the most part except when I am reading for some men. I know, I have no idea why. I feel like I am fumbling over my words. I think it might have something to do with a trauma I had when I was really young around an unhappy man loudly complaining about a haircut. I was around 16 and I was so embarrassed and humiliated. I stopped cutting mens hair for so long but now I am fine with men, lol. I realize now that my Tarot clientele is mostly women and men I know and am comfortable with.

I am not stereotyping men, I have read for artistic men, scientific men, men who are so closed off i have no idea what they are.

I know this is some block within me.

Does anyone have any insight?

vee

I understand how past traumatic events can be difficult to get past. I had a very angry, controlling father and it took me awhile to get rid of the fears I had about men, as well as just dealing with general male validation issues.

I could tell you how men are people, just like women, and that there is just as much variety between different women as there is between women and men, but I suspect you know all that already. Sounds like you need to work through whatever fears you have. Recognizing them is the first step. Now, the next time you read for a man and you start to feel anxious or upset, you can try to remind yourself that you're projecting your anxieties on to him.

I think it's a topic that requires deep reflection for you. Kind of a cliche suggestions in this forum, but why not do a Tarot reading about it? :)

poivre

For men, I let them pick their cards and let them know,
they pick the cards and I'm just telling them what I know and how
I feel about what they have chosen. After that, I don't take whatever
they say personally, if it's negative... it's their stuff to sort through, not mine.

Yes, I use to be terrified of reading for men and now, after reading for a few that
were very open to Tarot, doesn't bother me to read for a man.

Be confident and smile, then say "next!" :)