Temperance Year

hopena

I think this is what I'm heading into next.. the Death year, brought me just that, with a family member and pets dying. More than one relationship either dead or at death's door, as well.

I remember a few other threads about this, but I can't find them in a search - I get too many results. i was just wondering how anyone's Temperance year turned out.

Thanks. :)

Alta

Using the graph in Mary K. Greer's book Tarot for Yourself, at one point I figured out my entire life's Year cards. My very first Temperance year ever will be in 2016, so, no personal experience.

However, she says in that book: Temperance Year: Developing health and healing practices, testing and trying out your beliefs and philosophy, creative combinations.

ETA: the image is from Tarot Constellations, recently republished (with some changes I think) as : Who are you in the Tarot: Mary K. Greer.

Attachments

• Temperance Greer 2 (649 x 428).jpg
    Temperance Greer 2 (649 x 428).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,206

vee

Last year was my Temperance year! And it was fabulous. A very healing year for me. :D

Let's see. I was diagnosed with ADHD. Through a combination of meds & therapy, I learned how to work with the condition instead of against it. I went back to school and finished my degree. Started writing a book, came back to tarot, let go of a lot of my anger and guilt. Learned how to balance mothering and self.

Masa

Is there any place online where I can read about this card-year stuff, or is it just that book?

vee

I think mary is the big one who has written about it so her book is the best source. You can usually find super cheap used copies of it online or at half price books, especially the older one, if money is an issue. Iirc you like tarot as self discovery, right? So her workbook would probably be of great interest to you anyway!

Masa

I think mary is the big one who has written about it so her book is the best source. You can usually find super cheap used copies of it online or at half price books, especially the older one, if money is an issue. Iirc you like tarot as self discovery, right? So her workbook would probably be of great interest to you anyway!

Huh. Sounds intriguing. Thanks for the recommendation--I'll take a look!

tarotbear

My Temperance Year does not happen until 2022 - when I will be 67 years old. It will be my first Temperence Year - ever. I've been the Heirophant all my life when that cycle spins.

hopena

Thank you for responding. :)

Alta, I had that book out of the library, three years ago. I'll have to get it out again. I've been assuming that it would just follow along, but I also calculated it last year. I'll try again, and see what I get.

tarotbear

I know I started threads on 'Your Life Cards' and 'Your Year Card' if you do a search.

JadoreHauteCouture

is there anywhere any info on the board how to count your years? which card they are? Or do i have to purchase a book? I would be grateful for any info, pls...