can pink onyx be THAT pink?

stefficus

it's probably real onyx... almost ALL onyx is dyed, and in its natural state it is kinda banded. it's also a creamy, milky white-to-tan or grey. so, yeah, nearly every bit of it used for gems and jewelry is dyed anyway, this is just an especially shocking shade.

Minotauro

it's probably real onyx... almost ALL onyx is dyed, and in its natural state it is kinda banded. it's also a creamy, milky white-to-tan or grey. so, yeah, nearly every bit of it used for gems and jewelry is dyed anyway, this is just an especially shocking shade.

oh , but will it rub off? or is it permanent ? I dont want to end up with a bunch of gray eggs ._. haha

stefficus

oh , but will it rub off? or is it permanent ? I dont want to end up with a bunch of gray eggs ._. haha

i wouldn't think so... most of them that i've seen are permanently dyed, not colored, if that makes sense. they're dyed with heat or treated chemically in some way, not painted.

tarotbear

Good Lord! Those are so screamingly dyed! :eek: Most agate pieces you see - especially bookends - are always dyed to bring out the bands, too.

There are many stones in nature that are beautifully colored - but those are SO fake looking!

Bhavana

I agree with tarotbear. They look very bright. That also seems like a lot of money. I find eggs like this all the time for a quarter at flea markets and thrift stores.

Are you set on having bright colors? I thought these were pretty:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rawsimple?section_id=11266525

and if you search, you will find all kinds of crystal eggs at lower prices.

Dusk Till Dawn

Yes, they seem to be dyed, I really like the ones Bhavana sent in her link?