So excited - New Office!!

Pandora MoonRaven

OK So in our house we have 4 living rooms. Two upstairs, one downstairs. I know..strange. In the upstairs (where we are most the time) when you walk in the door there is a large formal Parlor/Sitting Room. Then you walk into the house to get to bedrooms, formal dining room, breakfast nook. Kitchen and other large living room that has fireplace etc. In the basement level there is two more dens, sun room and bedrooms. Now originally I set up my home office in the basement level because one den has a fireplace and opens to the sunroom. However it is still dark and I feel odd leading a client I have not met down into the basement..So I ended up conducting Tarot Classes and Readings as well Hoodoo consultations in the formal dining room without my decks, tools etc.
Well our sitting room is right inside the front door and we have had couches and a coffee table and it rarely is used. I presented to my husband the idea of making this my "home office" and he said OK! So this weekend he bought me cabinets, hauled the sofas out and got me a table and chairs and big mirror etc for in there and set it all up. I moved all my stuff in and am SO excited. Now I just need my signs from Chronata. I ordered one to hang outside the front door and a little one that says Hoodoo shop that I will put by my products. I kept one love seat for extra seating (some people bring friends)..I put my daughters train table in because she plays endlessly with that quietly while I work. :eek:) Set up the table for readings or preparing hoodoo work/painting etc. I have my voodoo alters in there on top of my cabinets and a Chango alter set up by my work space. I am so so so excited. I just have to share! Here are some pics. The last thing is a nicer table and chairs (after our tax return) I was thinking a small round parlor table and wing chairs. Also he will be putting up shelves for me to display my soaps, teas in jars etc.
Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• Office1.jpg
    Office1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Office2.jpg
    Office2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Office3.jpg
    Office3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Office4.jpg
    Office4.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 100
  • Office5.jpg
    Office5.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 98

Pandora MoonRaven

A couple more...

Attachments

• Office 6.jpg
    Office 6.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Office 7.jpg
    Office 7.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 87

tarotbear

I am so so so so JEALOUS! :D

Good luck to you! (And you have a wonderful husband!)

Cassandra022

looks lovely :]

Pandora MoonRaven

Thanks guys. He is rather amazing. Now I just got several soap orders...woohoo! Putting it to use now. I am SO excited. Thanks to that amazing hubby and his support..I am livin the dream.

Gia

Very beautiful and has a great (looking) vibration too!

Carla

Wow your office is the size of my whole flat. :D Cool.

Grizabella

Very, very nice. Just one comment, though. I think if I were to be giving readings with a child playing nearby, I'd want the child's area a little further from the table, like maybe on a small rug in front of the window or nearer to the couch than to the table. It seems that, being that close to the table, it might be a distraction for a client and might be annoying to them. They might not say anything about it at the time but it might discourage return business if a new customer were to be annoyed by the distraction. Not everyone is that into children and especially not if they're coming to you with serious personal issues they want the cards to address.

Mind you, I love kids. I've raised six of them and it seems that now I'm largely raising a seventh, so I have nothing against having them nearby, but not quite that close to a reading table when you've gone pro.

Kelly-Ann

I love the big sash windows and the Mexican skeleton cloth :) Lovely space.

Bhavana

oooh I love the idea of the round table and wing chairs....another thing that would be cool is one of those moroccan swag lamps....you know, they hang on a chain - very "gypsy-ish"....I think lighting is very important.

Love the black framed mirror - is that one of those old rorocco style mirrors that was orginally a gold frame? I have one of those, and I can't decide what color to paint it...love the black! I like your wood duck portrait too!