The Dead

LaRazia

Asking Tarot Questions about those whom have passed away..... What do you think of it? Is it ''allowed'' ? I am not talking about meerely askng about someone who had died but rather...if someone had died a violent death,or a death that remains unclear or foggy, is it permited to throw the cards in order to try and make sense of how the death came to pass or is it forbbiden to tamper with such things in the Tarot Realm?

amethyst57

don't see why you couldn't ask about a cause of death of someone deceased....
you can find out with Konxaris, so tarot would be no different, IMO...

BUT, to ask how one would die is another matter....

gregory

As with most things - it is down to your personal ethics. If it feels right to you - go ahead.

canid

Or even ask the person who died...I talk to them all the time.

vee

As with most things - it is down to your personal ethics. If it feels right to you - go ahead.

This! There are no laws of Tarot, except for the laws that govern us all. So don't use your cards for insider trading or coat them in poisonous substances that enter the bloodstream via touch and hand them to your enemies.

I don't see a problem with doing a reading about that. I don't really see a problem with doing "snooping" readings about other living people either. I mean, it goes against my SOCIAL code because I am the kind of person who prefers to actively engage with people and let them tell me their story, but I don't think it's inherently immoral, just a bit weeny. :p

tarotbear

I remember when Chondra Levy disappeared for months and was presumed dead that several people on here did a reading about 'where is her body?' and received results. If you can ask Tarot for infomation on your investments, what is the difference in asking how someone (already dead) died?

Gracie2k

I was curious about this too but afraid to do it, mum passed Jan and was wondering but I am not ready yet.

JadoreHauteCouture

don't see why you couldn't ask about a cause of death of someone deceased....
you can find out with Konxaris, so tarot would be no different, IMO...

yes, psychic twins help to solve criminal cases all the time, i dont understand why others cant try to do so with tarot...

Glass Owl

I created an index of various threads that you may find helpful on the subject of using Tarot to connect with those that died or a way of working through one's grief, including spreads.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2403595&postcount=12
In one of the threads I talked about how I did a reading for my late father - years after his passing - and it brought me a lot of comfort.

Here are two threads where some of us have talked about using Tarot to solve crimes:
Psychic Detective Using Tarot To Solve Crimes?
Using Tarot To Solve Crimes

and in the experimental techniques forum there is a thread discussing using Tarot on missing persons cases:
MT's "Missing Persons" Thread

canid

I was curious about this too but afraid to do it, mum passed Jan and was wondering but I am not ready yet.

Aww, I'm sorry. My mom died Jan 2nd. I'm not ready either, but I'm not sure I ever will be where she's concerned. Just do NOT do it if you don't feel ready.