Moon

nimbo

I'm having a time trying to get the moon phases down....is it waxing or waning right now? I have a datebook that tells me there is a full moon today....does that mean it is waning from this day until the new moon or what? I'm confused b/c someone suggested I do workings this week that draw things near.....please help....any insight will be loved....Nimbo

Nevada

The moon is currently waning. After the Full Moon, until the New Moon it's waning. After the New Moon, as the part of the moon we can see increases, it's waxing.

P.S. Nimbo, did you know that all caps is considered shouting, in most online forums? You might want to edit your question and use lower case, to help encourage replies.

lunalafey

La Luna

The moon is nearly in it's last (4th) quarter (on friday)...after the last quarter, the moon will be a new moon.
A new moon is the start of the first quarter, this is when the sun and the moon occupy the same sign. This is a time for beginnings.
2nd quarter: The moon then 'grows' this is waxing- the moon moves away from the sun. This is a time to work on what has been started and headed for completion.
the 3rd quarter starts with the full moon. Time of the completion, peak of cycle, highest lunar energy.
Then the moon begins to 'shrink' or wane
the 4th quarter is for looking back at accomplishmets, cleaning the slate & getting ready for the new....

nimbo

so.....

Does this mean the suggestion was accurate?

Minderwiz

The last full Moon was on 10th September, thereafter it changes to waning. Its current phase is 'disseminating', this will give way to Last Quarter, which begins tomorrow and finally to Balsamic on 22nd September. The next New Moon is on26th September.

Nevada

Does this mean the suggestion was accurate?

Nimbo,

I'm not sure how this would affect workings that draw things near. I've heard you should do workings during a waxing moon to make things grow or increase, and during a waning moon (which is going on now) to decrease or banish. Somehow I don't get drawing things near out of that, either way.

It also sounds like maybe you need a new datebook. Sometimes calendars are printed incorrectly. We had a problem with that at my old office a couple of years ago, where two different printed calendars showed the same holiday on different dates. If yours says there's a full moon right now, it's not correct.

There are a few places online where you can get current moon phase info. Try a search on your favorite search engine, or one of these links:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/moon-ez.html#phases

http://www.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/moon_phases.shtml?year=2003&data_type=monSep

Hope this helps

isthmus nekoi

nimbo,

if you are questioning your date book, another way to determine the moon's phase is to check where the moon is in relation to the sun. When they are conj, it's a new moon. When they are opposing, it's full.

Not sure what you mean by workings.... As for timing projects w/the moon.... generally when you want things to pick up fast, use the phases before full. If you want to have a slow, inward pace, go after the full moon.

For example, if I wanted to get rid of something (weeds, apartment, job, hair* etc) better to let go when the moon is waning.

*note, if I wanted the hair to grow back *fast*, then I'd cut during the new moon phase - full.

dadsnook2000

Best source of information.

The best source of thought, insignt and application is probably the classic by Dane Rudyar -- the Lunation Cycle. He postulates that the division of the Moons full cycle into 8 parts, each 45 degrees, enables you to interprete the Moon relative to the Sun based on which phase it is in. The phases, starting with the 0 to 45 degree zone are given the following "names": Performer, Worker, Activist, Analyst, Seeker, Believer, Changer, Prophet. Other authors have extended this idea to planetary pairs such as Saturn-Moon, Jupiter-Mercury, Mars-Venus, Saturn-Jupiter, and Uranus-Saturn. Of course you can apply this idea to any pair, you just have to adjust the phase meaning to suite the core pair meanings. Dave.