My new tarot journal

EoMg

Off and on I've kept some records of my tarot journey, some digital, some written in different journals.

Recently in the midst of a shamanic ceremony, I saw perfectly some good reasons to keep a single, written, portable document. One that I could have had with me, to refer to :)

So obtaining a journal for tarot has been on my to do list... and today was the right day, and this is the one I obtained. Fairly big, but I like space.

Can't figure out how to embed it here, so here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/josh_a/7123602977/in/photostream

Carla

Wow, that is an amazing book! Will you write rough drafts elsewhere and transcribe final versions into the book? Or will you use it for daily scribblings?

EoMg

Has to be somewhere in between... I'm going to have to write well enough the first time to make it worth it ;-)

I think some pages of scribblings are ok... I do like journals I've seen with a lot of variety in the pages.

jema

Yeah I like it. Don't be too scared to mess up the pages, journals are meant for messing up and scribbling in margins, include skillfull (or not so skillfull) sketches etc. Collage a few pages here and there even!

Est

That's a *very* nice journal! Good luck with writing perfectly first time :D :D
I like jema's suggestion of adding sketches and collage, as then any mistakes and crossings out would be part of the charm.
I'm dreadful for buying nice notebooks and then not being able to bear writing in them in case I spoil them. I got a project book recently while shopping with EllieP - funky purple covers, see-through re-positionable dividers and A4 pages with perforations (so I could tear out any real messes) but I still haven't been able to bring myself to use it :rolleyes: :laugh:

Le Fanu

I know this brand. I forget the name. Is it "paperblanks"? They do these lovely old-fashioned, fake leather journals with clasps and stuff. I have a photograph of my Obsidian balls on one of those somewhere. Hang on...

Found it!

Attachments

• P4270291.JPG
    P4270291.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 140

Sulis

Ooh that's a lovely journal and if it's fake leather I think I'd like to have one myself. I use Moleskine extra large journals for my tarot stuff.

And jema is right - don't be scared to write in it; journals are meant to be used and for scribblings and such.. A journal that has been written somewhere else and then transcribed neatly isn't much of a journal in my opinion.

Le Fanu

Ooh that's a lovely journal and if it's fake leather I think I'd like to have one myself. I use Moleskine extra large journals for my tarot stuff.
Check out these ones. I can't see any with clasps but if you look around you'll find one. I have a few. I used one for journaling with my William Blake Tarot, another for the Greenwood and one for Etteillas. I still refer to them now.

Here's a pic; Greenwood (left) and the Etteilla one (right)

Attachments

• P4280297.JPG
    P4280297.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 112

Sulis

Thanks Le Fanu :). I've just been looking at the Paperblanks site: http://www.beautifulnotebooks.co.uk/index.asp

They have some gorgeous journals; leather and non-leather :).
I think I will have to get one of these when my latest Moleskine journal is full. And a small, English company - even better, I can support a small business and get something beautiful and useful at the same time :).

EllieP

Check out these ones. I can't see any with clasps but if you look around you'll find one. I have a few. I used one for journaling with my William Blake Tarot, another for the Greenwood and one for Etteillas. I still refer to them now.

Here's a pic; Greenwood (left) and the Etteilla one (right)

Your *wrote* in those? :bugeyed: