New tarot/meditation table

newlillith

I just have to tell someone about this! Before yesterday, I had all my meditation and tarot stuff on the guest room bookshelf. It worked and I like the guest room, but whenever people came over I had to move it (my collection isn't incredibly large, luckily).

So yesterday morning the idea popped into my head to get one of those coffee tables with two levels--one with doors would be better. I'd put my meditation stuff and my main deck on top, then put all my decks underneath. I could even see it very clearly in my mind. So we go to Salvation Army, I walk in and turn to the right, and there it was! Almost the exact table I'd seen, and for $12! It's an older style coffee table that's pretty decently sized. It's got doors, but with spindles on them. That's fine with me! My tarot stuff fits inside, with room to grow and it looks lovely in the corner of my room. Now I will never have to move my stuff again, yay!!

Alta

Good idea! I usually have a lot of stuff out on my dining room table and just throw a spare tablecloth over it. Your idea is a lot neater!

Est

I need a "like" button for your post, newlillith! That's so great to find your perfect table just like that. Talk about synchronicity! :)

Hlb9525

Sounds good... I have such a small collection.. I am able to keep my few books and my cards in a sewing box, that I keep on a shelf in my room.

HB

Inghinn

That's really nice! And apart from your lovely new table, it's also a bit as if your tarot and meditation stuff is taking a more central position in your life maybe. I know that when things move from my spare room into my living room or bedroom, for whatever reason, they become more important.

newlillith

Thanks for all the nice responses! And Inghinn, I think you're right. Even though I've had to take an unscheduled, unwanted break from tarot and meditation I don't see it becoming unimportant anytime soon!