help with making crystal drinks

AH020387

is it ok to place tumbled citrine or bloodstone "directly" in ur drinks without any barriers (such as in a ziploc bag or a jar etc...)?

Yineth

I'm not a crystal expert, but I think it would depend on the type of drink you combine the crystals with?

I don't think there would be any major adverse effects if you placed the stones directly into your beverage, but there could be some extra reactions occurring from the stones/crystals due to the chemical differences from the drinks. Kind of like nothing too acidic or basic, etc.

Just a thought :)

[I'm definitely curious to know though...]

AJ

I would make it a chunk big enough to not swallow...

tarotbear

Bloodstone - the 'silver-black' one? Isn't that full of Mercury?

Dropping a clear crystal point that was programmed for something into a drink should be relatively safe since crystals are silicon, which is inert. But stones can contain many 'natural' but harmful poisons - they are stones, after all, not something to be consumed. Mercury, arsenic, etc., all occur naturally in stones, so putting one in a drink for some 'New Age Effect' would make me pretty suspect.

I have seen oils with a stone in the bottle - but the oil is rubbed on - not consumed.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a physican, I am not a geologist, I am not a stone practitioner - but I do have common sense.

Padma

hmmm...even rubbing an oil on your body would allow you to absorb toxic things, imo...almost faster than by drinking it!

But tarotbear raises an excellent point...it would be very wise to know what the stone is made of before imbibing any liquid it has been sitting in!

In my Crystal Bible (The Complete Crystal Handbook by Cassandra Eason) she states that to make an elixir with a crystal, you place it in a small amount of water in a clear glass on a windowsill during a full moon, and to drink the liquid in the morning, after removing the crystal from the water - while focusing on the things that you want it to do to heal you. Hope that helps. :)

tarotbear

In some crystal book I think I remember the author using a clear crystal in water but different colored bottles - probably for different chakras.

AH020387

I'm not a crystal expert, but I think it would depend on the type of drink you combine the crystals with?

I don't think there would be any major adverse effects if you placed the stones directly into your beverage, but there could be some extra reactions occurring from the stones/crystals due to the chemical differences from the drinks. Kind of like nothing too acidic or basic, etc.

Just a thought :)

[I'm definitely curious to know though...]

http://youtu.be/ha1-oaMyG-k

LaurelBelle

You're right that some stones are toxic and need to be in a baggie or in a glass immersed in a bowl in the sun (like this page says), but I don't see bloodstone listed as toxic or here, or here. Others are right though, research the stone to be sure. When in doubt, go indirect.

Padma

You're right that some stones are toxic and need to be in a baggie or in a glass immersed in a bowl in the sun (like this page says), but I don't see bloodstone listed as toxic or here, or here. Others are right though, research the stone to be sure. When in doubt, go indirect.

that was an awesome post, and so informative, LaurelBelle - thanks so much! :)

omshanti72

A really useful little book is "Gem Water" by Michael Gienger & fully explains the different methods of making gem elixirs, what's toxic and combinations for healing. In answer to your question Citrine and Bloodstone should be fine in water as they are both quartz based but if you're ever unsure then prepare using an indirect method. Citrine would make a lovely energising water.

With Blessings - omshanti