Can't use new favorite deck for a while?

Stark Raven

A few days ago I took my brand new Morgan-Greer deck out. My readings changed dramatically right from the very first use. I have read many a time of other readers accidentally stumbling across their 'magic deck'; apparently this is mine. With the RWS I had always used until that fateful day readings had a creaky and mechanical feel. Kind of forced. I kept buying decks, now have many, and was afraid to try any more than once or twice because that RWS had become a crutch of sorts; no other felt better. But what a bad time I picked to try (and click with) a new one!

This weekend I have my first ever public reading event. Until yesterday, I thought of it as just another day, no biggie. Since reading with the Morgan-Greer and discovering my newfound yet unharnessed way of reading (often overlooking standard meaning altogether); I went back to try reading with RWS after a bit of this. To my dismay, reading that way is now next to impossible. Seriously. It's like looking at pretty pictures, nothing more. I now seem blocked to some degree. I now I must put Morgan-Greer away until after Saturday's event. My question is this - has anything similar happened to you and how did you deal with it? Thank you, any insight and suggestion would be appreciated. I am now a bit nervous about this weekend. I know with practice this blockage will likely dissipate, but can't depend on that as a fact.

GoldenWolf

I'm confused. If reading with the Morgan Greer is so much better for you, why do you feel that you need to put the cards away? Are you required to read with the RWS at the weekend event? If not, why not just use the deck you prefer?

Stark Raven

I'm confused. If reading with the Morgan Greer is so much better for you, why do you feel that you need to put the cards away? Are you required to read with the RWS at the weekend event? If not, why not just use the deck you prefer?

I have never read for others, ever - only myself. The experience coming up this weekend, in and of itself is a bit intense, but I have blocked the stress of thinking about it out of my mind. The only security I felt with which to approach it, was that I knew what to expect from my readings; I knew what I could and couldn't deliver. As I said, this is a brand new discovery with Morgan-Greer and I have not harnessed it. The deep answers it throws out; I have to process this stuff and deal with it. It is outside of what I know to be telling people things that I haven't yet learnt how to tell them. Not just that but one meaning I got yesterday blew me away. I wasn't sure what I was seeing (enough to deliver such a message) yet it turned out to be logical and likely true. I want that day to go smooth, I have to learn how to work together with that deck yet. I must put it away until then for these reasons.

I suppose the ideal summary to the above would be - how can I possibly master the Morgan Greer and all the vision it has bestowed on me by Saturday? Not very likely...

GoldenWolf

Okay, I think I understand better now. You don't feel that the readings with the Morgan Greer are quite ready for public readings for others yet. But the RWS readings now feel forced and clunky.

Do you have friends or family who are willing to do readings with you? I would practice on them this week. In fact, if you can, try to get one of them to be your first reading on Saturday to prime the pump just so you feel a bit more confident. I know I was nervous the first time I read in public. In some ways, it's easier to read for someone else than yourself though and the dialogue you get going with them actually adds to the energy of the reading.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well.

Stark Raven

Okay, I think I understand better now. You don't feel that the readings with the Morgan Greer are quite ready for public readings for others yet. But the RWS readings now feel forced and clunky.

Do you have friends or family who are willing to do readings with you? I would practice on them this week. In fact, if you can, try to get one of them to be your first reading on Saturday to prime the pump just so you feel a bit more confident. I know I was nervous the first time I read in public. In some ways, it's easier to read for someone else than yourself though and the dialogue you get going with them actually adds to the energy of the reading.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well.

I have a friend that will be there, I will do one for her first. Thanks for the great suggestion! My family all frowns on Tarot, can you believe that, huge family, not one will let me read...

Sinduction

I'm not quite sure I understand the problem. :D

I have a small event coming up this weekend too and I haven't been reading for anyone in a few months. I read for some friends on Facebook last night to prepare myself.

You could always do something similar, since you don't seem to be able to do face to face readings in order to prepare. You could alternate between decks to see if one reads better than the other. It might turn out that the MG is ready for people.

Also, do what you can to center yourself.

Stark Raven

I'm not quite sure I understand the problem. :D

I have a small event coming up this weekend too and I haven't been reading for anyone in a few months. I read for some friends on Facebook last night to prepare myself.

You could always do something similar, since you don't seem to be able to do face to face readings in order to prepare. You could alternate between decks to see if one reads better than the other. It might turn out that the MG is ready for people.

Also, do what you can to center yourself.

That's partially why I asked, the Morgan-Greer is wild and all over, yet its giving real answers. I feel that it's an additional burden to try and master it to any degree by Saturday. Now the RWS feels dead in comparison. A reading with both decks one after the other, both decks say that even though it's time to move on from always using RWS, it is going to be a bad move to change prior to Saturday. I will however take it along in case anything I can't otherwise answer comes up. I have been attempting to do reading exchanges here; but many times they get interrupted by outside events on partner's end or mine. It's not working well for me, still it's the only option I have at this moment to read for anyone. So often readings I do to practice speed and accuracy drag on all day until all associated vibes are long gone. That's one issue. So RWS feels blocked, I am not ready for Morgan-Greer before Saturday, this is what I'm dealing with. I don't know if this clarifies, but what I am actually asking is - has anyone encountered such a situation and how did it work out for you?

I know I must use RWS for Saturday. With the Morgan-Greer being all over the place telling me so many things at once when I'm not used to this, having no one to practice on until Saturday, geez, am I making things more or less clear? Lol... Never mind; I see my explaining this has become circular, so I can't become clearer. So anyone that DOES get me, please answer. Those that don't, the explaining part it over, lol ;0).

Any suggestions for centering myself?