Favorite Available Deck?

nikkipeachy

I have a party that I'll be reading at in a couple weeks. I was going through my decks, and just couldn't decide what to take. So I *need* to buy another deck, or two, maybe even three depending on price. ;)

What is your favorite available deck?

Penthasilia

What type of party? Do you have an idea of the mix of people who will be there? That may help.

:)

Lemme look at your tarot list and get back to you.

:D

ETA: I see the Gilded and Druidcraft are both on your wishlist. These are great decks as they work well for multiple types of people/engagements and are easily available and cheap. That would be my first idea anyway.

My absolute favorite available decks both ship from overseas and would take too long, the Icelandic and Maroon tarot.

I would just make sure to take a deck that is easy to read (i.e. doesn't have strange imagery, etc). That way, you can feel comfortable using it, even if it is new to you.

vee

I also looked at your wishlist and I would suggest the Housewives! It is a scream for parties, but although people will find it amusing, they'll be shocked by its blunt honesty. It's one of my favorite decks. :heart:

Padma

The Golden on your wish list is one that I have, and I find it very easy to read with, very accurate, and the images are truly lovely...I also have the Morgan Greer, and find it very easy to read...it's the type of deck you can glance at and get an immediate picture of what is going on. I also agree with Vee about the Housewives tarot, I have used it while reading for others and not only is it well-received, it is, as she said, sharp as a tack!

Have fun at the reading party :)

Nickigirl

I love the Universal Rider-Waite-Smith deck. And the Thoth. Both very easily available and my fall-back favourites!
If you're not into these traditional decks, the Rosetta is awesome and still available.
I guess my other favourites are less easily available. :)

Masa

Rider-Waite is a fun party deck, I think, precisely because it's so iconic. It seems boring to people who know it well, but for newbies it's kind of exciting. :)

In terms of other stuff on your wishlist, Shadowscapes is my favorite deck of all time and would a wonderful, gorgeous thing to show off.

nikkipeachy

The party is an anniversary/housewarming party for a young couple. They have invited more than 300 people, but I have no idea how many readings I'll actually be doing.

Thank you for the suggestions! I was thinking that Housewives and Druid Craft would make a nice addition. Someone here read the Housewives for me, and it was incredibly blunt. I love that. I have a long wishlist (haven't updated the one in my profile in a while), and every time I turn around there is a new deck I want. This is problematic when I just need to make a decision.

So far, I am thinking Gilded, Druid Craft, Housewives, and Shadowscapes (just because it's lovely to look at). I'm having a very indecisive day...

Penthasilia

So far, I am thinking Gilded, Druid Craft, Housewives, and Shadowscapes (just because it's lovely to look at). I'm having a very indecisive day...

;) Well, that should get you the free supersaver shipping. :D

I am partial to the first 3- the Gilded with it's gorgeous steampunk-like art, the soft and earthy Druidcraft and the fabulous Housewives- funny, sarcastic, and homey which is perfect for an anniversary.

nikkipeachy

;) Well, that should get you the free supersaver shipping. :D

Haha, yes it does give me free supersaver shipping! I can easily justify another deck (or 3) to get free shipping. I'm still debating on swapping out something for Shadowscapes. I think 4 decks would nicely round out my collection, for the time being...