New tarot deck missing Queen of Cups?

elixir

My new Gilded Tarot deck just arrived today. It's my first deck and I was very excited about it. As I was laying them out, I found that there was the Fool in the place of the Queen of Cups in with all the other Queen cards. So I have 2 Fools and no Queen of Cups! I find this ironic because I always thought of the Queen of Cups as my "me" card LOL. I am not sure if I should leave the deck how it is or try to get that missing card from the publisher? Any thoughts?

louiseb

My new Gilded Tarot deck just arrived today. It's my first deck and I was very excited about it. As I was laying them out, I found that there was the Fool in the place of the Queen of Cups in with all the other Queen cards. So I have 2 Fools and no Queen of Cups! I find this ironic because I always thought of the Queen of Cups as my "me" card LOL. I am not sure if I should leave the deck how it is or try to get that missing card from the publisher? Any thoughts?

oh wow love it. Maybe you should contact the publisher and ask them to send you the queen after all the deck is useless without it true.
Just my thoughts.

tarotbear

The store where you bought it can't really help you, so I would contact the publisher directly. Chances are yours is not the only deck that has a 'run' problem, and I am sure others will be looking for a missing card, too.

It can't hurt.

elixir

I just contacted Llewellyn and am going to email the ebay store. I suppose it wouldn't be fair to those I would read for to leave that Queen of Cups out of the deck. I originally thought I would leave it how it is.

nikkipeachy

That is funny that you are missing your "you" card. Definitely contact the publisher. In my experience, most are helpful for issues like this. I agree that it is really pretty useless without all the cards.

elixir

That is funny that you are missing your "you" card. Definitely contact the publisher. In my experience, most are helpful for issues like this. I agree that it is really pretty useless without all the cards.

I know! I have been given advice this year about being too emotional and dwelling in self-pity too much. I had the Fool card drawn for me as a positive card in two different readings in regards to issues I have been struggling with so I am gonna take it as a sign :)

SunChariot

For me personally, I would take it as a message for you. Now you have to figure otu what it is. That is not coincidence that the one card that was missing was the one that you feel represents you in the deck. There is only one chance in 78 of that being the missing card so that is clealry a message.

If you got a Fool instead of the Queen of Cups, it oculd be suggesting that you should be like the Fool. the Fool, for me at least, is about that childlike feeling of complete faith in life, trust that things will always work out for the best because that is how life is designed, and even playfulness, optimism...

And since you got two Fools, that message is very important there.

For me personally, what I would do is figure out what the message was and then get the missing card from the publisher. Since The Fool was such an important card in this deck that you got two of them, I think I would leave them both in. That would of course theoretically double the changes of getting that card in a reading, but clealry this card is an important one in the deck for you.

Babs

AJ

You are smart to order your deck to assure all the cards are there. Missing and doubled cards happen a lot.
I've never had a problem with a publisher sending the missing cards right out. One kit I bought had two sets of majors and no minors :)

Bhavana

I have had this happen with Llewelyn decks, use the email address on their website, they have great customer service. Someone will send you the missing card right away.

elixir

I have had this happen with Llewelyn decks, use the email address on their website, they have great customer service. Someone will send you the missing card right away.

They have just emailed me back and said they would be happy to send me the card :)