Oracle Decks (Recommendations)

DownUnderNZer

I would like to buy a few more oracle decks and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions based on her/his own personal use of ORACLE DECKS.

I have a few of the Lenormand and "Healing With the Angels". I do have an assortment of decks that have been boxed, but am not sure if they fall into Tarot or Oracle as havent pulled them out in...forever! :) I do think I have listed most of what I have in MY PROFILE with the exception of a few new ones (Tarot) or ones I dont really use.

What I am looking for is something that is:

ARTWORK: Illustrative and colorful, vibrant, full of fanatasy and imagination.

ATTRIBUTES: Cards that are accurate, to the point, answer all kinds of questions from past to future/everyday/life shattering events, tackle soul searching questions or simple to complex.

Is there anything out there like that or am I asking for too much? :)

Anyones two cents would be worth it!

ghost271

My first and favorite is Wisdom of the Hidden Realms. I could go on and on about it but I'll just say that it has never ceased to amaze me how accurate and to the point it is.

newlillith

I haven't seen much about this deck posted on here, but I really like the Earth Magic deck. I'm a nature-y kind of girl, so the artwork inspires me. The book that goes with it is fabulous and it has always worked for me. Of course, my lifetime potential card is the Queen of Pents, so this deck makes sense for me. If you're not into nature, it may not for you. Good luck!

DownUnderNZer

Thank you both for the suggestions! :):):)

Have just been reading about WISDOM OF THE HIDDEN REALMS and some think it is more for the NOW rather than "everyday" or "future" questions etc.

How do you feel about that Ghost271? Can these cards be used in any situation to answer specific questions or do they just give suggestions/advice around you rather than a situation.

DownUnderNZer

I haven't seen much about this deck posted on here, but I really like the Earth Magic deck. I'm a nature-y kind of girl, so the artwork inspires me. The book that goes with it is fabulous and it has always worked for me. Of course, my lifetime potential card is the Queen of Pents, so this deck makes sense for me. If you're not into nature, it may not for you. Good luck!

Love nature!!!! :) Just took a peek at this as well. Finding images has been tricky, but the description has been really good. Am considering both decks...

ghost271

They do answer the NOW questions which is why most of us ask the cards questions. We need an answer pretty quick. That being said, i mostly have a conversation with the deck and then ask for advice on whatever topic im pondering at the moment. I do the same thing with the Runes. I havent used the deck for Future outcomes as i would rather use the Lenormand, Runes, or Wolf Deck for that type of divination. However theres no reason why you couldnt do it with the WotHR deck.

DownUnderNZer

NewLilleth thanks for the link and Ghost271 thanks for adding to this oracle deck and your use of it.

I really am leaning towards WISDOM OF THE HIDDEN REALMS after looking at both a bit more.

WOW! Ghost271...I love the Lenoramand and have never really touched other cards since stumbling across them...until the end of last year really and this year. And now I see the TAROT can add more depth and feeling, although I still dont like that they can have many meanings in one card and a negative/positive feel without being reversed, and I love how the lenormand can be direct. I love direct! :)

Am going to read a bit more about the deck you have recommended, wait to see if any more suggestions, and then more than likely place an order within the next few days.

Thank you both! :)

ghost271

There are complexities in both the Lenormand and Tarot systems. I sometimes get frustrated with Lenormand and then have to remind myself that the Tarot wasnt easy to learn in the beginning either. So as it stands im doing 4 card Lenormand spreads and will work up to the GT.
Im not a psycholigist and dont use that focus for my Tarot readings. I use them to glimpse future things in our lives.

DownUnderNZer

There are complexities in both the Lenormand and Tarot systems. I sometimes get frustrated with Lenormand and then have to remind myself that the Tarot wasnt easy to learn in the beginning either. So as it stands im doing 4 card Lenormand spreads and will work up to the GT.
Im not a psycholigist and dont use that focus for my Tarot readings. I use them to glimpse future things in our lives.

Ironic, I am doing mostly 2, 3, 4, or 5 cards with the TAROT whilst relearning although I dont know if I would have the endurance to do things like: The Tree of Life or the Celtic Cross etc.
I like things to be simple and even with 3 to 5 cards it can still be complex. :)

I do agree with the complexities you speak of within the Tarot and Lenormand ONLY for myself I find the tarot more difficult only as, and I am sure you said it in your thread, there are layers and depths.

The GT was the very first thing I learnt when I started with the Lenormand and I was very lucky to be taught by two German women that had slightly different ways of looking at it. One could go into spirtual things, mediumship and past lives in depth (I didnt quite get that far) and the other could relate to it in a more modern everyday way.

I have been trying to place an order for the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms, but the website I am doing it via seems to have some glitch at the moment, but then it is almost 1am so might be too late. Will keep trying...