Does this really affect our readings?

louiseb

ok so maybe this is another one of my silly questions. Can you tell me if having a cold/flu affects us when reading the cards. i ask because because shortly before i had this cold which has now greatly developed into a chest infection, i just couldnt read the cards, i couldnt connect to the pendilum i was lost, the thing is i didnt know i was coming down with a cold at the time. I know taking medication can leave us some what tired and doped but i dont do pills never have. So whats your view on this.

JadoreHauteCouture

sicknesses come when our body is cleansing itself - either from toxics or when our soul is cleansing - you are overcoming your karma or old habits and behaviour... Its a state when youre not in balance which does influence pendulum.... About tarot cards... dunno havent been doing them while i was sick..

Le Fanu

Surely it's just that when we're ill, fluey and achey we have less concentration. We can't concentrate on the cards. When I'm feeling fluey/sick I can't concentrate at work... Surely it's a virus rather than karma?

Alta

I agree with LeFanu,, the sickness causes our focus to diminish. Also the will to do anything!

spinnachie

I agree, When I'm sick I find it hard to concentrate on anything, all I keep thinking about is how sick I am ;)

Same thing if I've had a long day and someone asks for a reading, I usually have to say no because my mind won't sit still. :)

bogiesan

There is a logical progression from this line of thought — the body's natural defenses and processes negatively affect one's ability to read tarot, perhaps to lead to incorrect or incomplete interpretations — and that is that an overly responsive, enthusiastic, heavily breathing or hormone-flushed body will also interfere. ONe must be totally balanced or the cards will be read improperly. Such perfection of mind and body and spirit is clearly unobtainable.

I posit that if tarot works, it works and it must work all the time. To suggest the function of the cards is subject to how the reader feels or the condition of their body at the cellular level is to make an excuse for a system that does not function at all; the messages from one's cards are always illusions or they are always real.

Someone with an unseen or undetected infection will not be able to read. Someone with an ingrown hair or plaque on their teeth will not be able to read. Athletes foot? Allergies? Break your arm mountain biking? Put your cards away.

Pam O

Well I would not just put my cards away, but I might just look at the art because my cards make me happy. I would be focused on flushing my body to get back into balance & be centered.

No your readings will not be right if you are distracted. The art of reading is becoming immersed in the cards. If you feel a mess, your reading will be a mess.

I have also found if the person you are reading for is distracted & scattered, the reading is usually scattered. This was a HUGE lesson when I started reading for others, so I won't read if I or someone else cannot focus.

louiseb

sicknesses come when our body is cleansing itself - either from toxics or when our soul is cleansing - you are overcoming your karma or old habits and behaviour... Its a state when youre not in balance which does influence pendulum.... About tarot cards... dunno havent been doing them while i was sick..

This sounds about right lol thanks

SagiChar

Pam O said:
I have also found if the preson you are reading for is distracted & scattered, the reading is usually scattered. This was a HUGE lesson when I started reading for others, so I won't read if I or someone else cannot focus.

That's good to know...

SunChariot

ok so maybe this is another one of my silly questions. Can you tell me if having a cold/flu affects us when reading the cards. i ask because because shortly before i had this cold which has now greatly developed into a chest infection, i just couldnt read the cards, i couldnt connect to the pendilum i was lost, the thing is i didnt know i was coming down with a cold at the time. I know taking medication can leave us some what tired and doped but i dont do pills never have. So whats your view on this.

My opinion is...it depends. I don't thnk the germs themself can. But being tired can affect readings as can our mood. We can often have trouble sleeping when ill so that can have an effect. Plus if we are really achy and uncomfortale we are not likely to be in a good mood. And maybe not as calm as usual and people read best when calm.

That being said, if you have a cold and are feeling relatively fine everything should go well. Although not to be too gross here, but when I am in the stage where I am blowing mu nose every minute or two, it's not too practical to read, as that means you have to run and wash your hands each time (like every minute or so) before you touch the carda again.

But mostly it si the way you are feeling, not the germs itself. That is my beleief on taht anyway.

Oh, and I do hope you are better now. :heart:

Babs