Sleeping with a Tarot deck under your Pillow? -Have you done this?

Gracie2k

So, I decided to try the method of wrapping my deck in a cloth under my pillow. I found the dreams to be vivid and colorful. It was lengthy and actors from films were in my dreams as the characters in the cards! some of what was, positive some negative.
This was with The Gilded Tarot. C.M

My question is has anyone else slept with Tarot Cards under their pillow? have you had vivid dreams? how does it affect your readings?

Thank you

AJ

No. Not superstitious, plus I'm a restless sleeper, am sure the cards would end up damaged.

Welcome to AT!

Miss Divine

Noway! I don't believe it would help me bond with a deck, the only way for me is to actually use it. It would seem kinda uncomfortable having a deck of cards under my pillow...

metatron3

I do sleep with my deck.
I am a big sleeper, sounds logical for me to sleep with them. Kind of makes a connection.
But never had more vivid or special dreams :)

starrystarrynight

Gracie2k said:
Sleeping with a Tarot deck under your Pillow? -Have you done this?
Not at 30+ dollars a deck.

Edited to add:

I dream vividly as a rule, anyway...and heaven help me if I eat a burrito after 7 o'clock! :)

tarotbear

Bond ... James Bond

I've never done this; I always thought this was one of the more foolish trivia they tell new readers to do. How is this 'bonding' with the deck? If you were to try bonding, I would say put the deck in a bag with a long drawstring and wear it around your neck.

Muji

I have before. All of you act like it would irreversibly damage the cards. I move a lot while I'm asleep, but my cards were fine (tightly held together in a small knitted bag). I don't remember my dreams, so I can't really say whether I noticed a difference or not. It didn't really help me bond with my deck, but I know some people have had positive experiences with sleeping with their decks.

M

Pam O

Yes, I've got a Spiral that has ended up under the pillow like a comforting friend. As a result, I decided to ONLY read that particular deck for myself. It is the only deck I have made that decision on. There are other decks that only I touch like my VR Gold, BG Silver, etc, but, I will read for others with them here at AT, etc.

Interestingly, the Spiral is not my favorite deck by any means, but for some reason I formed a very strong "relationship" with that particular deck. I even bought a 2nd in case I wanted to read for someone else using the Spiral. Actually, I decided to trim the borders off my "public" Spiral, & I really like it. I thought about trimming the one that ended up under my pillow, and I decided, nope, I did not want to mess with the energy. I like the energy of that "pillow" Spiral just as it is. ;)

I did not notice any difference in dreams, etc, whether the deck was there under the pillow or not. Now it is right under the edge of my bed with along with my MRP decks. I don't remember if any other decks ended up under the pillow, like if I was looking through & fell asleep...

Gracie2k

I want to switch it to a positive note and hear if anyone has had Good experiences with the cards from doing this? have you added a gemstone in with your cards also?

My deck wasn't that expensive so sleeping on it didn't matter, to me. I think if you look after everything hygienically then you should be fine. If you take counter measures why not.
I am not saying sleep on a tarot deck which is worth exorbitant amounts, but then again aren't tarot decks meant to be enjoyed.
Thanks for the replies, I am glad to see other's have tried it and that they have formed a bond. I do want to carry on with this and see what happens though. I think for me it is worth doing and if it helps me do stronger readings then why not. I have to add I do believe in spirituality, I am open minded to it all.
I think everyone has different views which makes it interesting the key is not to try to push a view onto anyone, so no one feels negative about their beliefs on the thread. I would never do that to anyone.
If people believe in it, let them if they don't let them too. Let's keep it focused on something positive now and maybe see if there are some good experiences from sleeping with cards.

Penthasilia

I want to switch it to a positive note and hear if anyone has had Good experiences with the cards from doing this? have you added a gemstone in with your cards also?/QUOTE]

I did it once with my Gilded, a long time ago. No crystal- just the deck. I had the most amazing dreams- vivid and bright with the High Priestess. It made the deck very personal to me and I used it for quite some time.

My son uses it now- and also has that connection to it. Even though I don't use it often, every once in a while he will ask me to read with it and it is like welcoming back an old friend.