Egyptian Pyramid Oracle

SongDeva

I just got this after winning it on eBay, and it seems so far to be fairly easy to learn.
Has anyone used it? I've just about learned the first House, Water-Change.

VL

SongDeva

Thanks for the link!
I have the deck, but it will come in handy for anyone who's interested.

Come on now, folks, no one uses it?

Vee

_N_

humm, apparently not :) which is a shame because I found this thread while trying to find information about this oracle deck because I was considering getting one...

N

SongDeva

What can ya do? Oh well. It's a very cute, compact package.
That said, I don't think I've used mine since I posted this!

_N_

Well, I just got mine in the post this morning. It seems to be a very nice set BUT when the first card I read about was Bast I was immediately outraged. WHEN are these people going to get it right?! I expect more from someone who is actually going to publish a divination deck. Bast WAS NOT the mother of Sekhmet - for the love of Bast people, do your research before you go spewing information out in a book! Bast is one of several gods & goddesses who are known as the "Eye of Ra", a title that denotes a god Who functions as a protector or avenger. Sekhmet is no more the "angry" side of Bast than Bast is the "pacified" side of Sekhmet. At no time in the history of Kemetic religion were Sekhmet and Bast associated in a "sister-sister", "mother-daughter", "aunt-niece" context. Before the Graeco-Roman influence on Egypt, Bast was exclusively solar; being the Eye of Ra, She had to be. It is only after She is linked to Artemis that She becomes lunar. OK, this is probably a little nearer and dearer to me than most as she is one of my personal Goddesses...
...now stepping down off of soap box ;)
Once I cooled my jets over that bit of misinformation, and reminded myself that many people, doing just a cursory look at Egyptian history, come away with such falsehoods (as they are repeatedly printed, despite good research and evidence to the contrary) I looked at the cards with a more open mind and I do believe that they are going to be quite usable. I'll let you know how things go once I do a few readings with them.

N