Same angel in 2 different decks.

sumunda

Hello.
I don't know if anyone has posted about this happy coincidence(?)
The angel of the ace of cups in the Mary-El and archangel Michael in the Justice card of the Tarot of the Mystic Spiral. I think they are the same angel. Well, I think so anyway. And it's wonderful too as both decks are my current favourites. I've posted the cards on my blog so please have a look if you'd like link to personal blog removed

SunChariot

Hello.
The angel of the ace of cups in the Mary-El and archangel Michael in the Justice card of the Tarot of the Mystic Spiral. I think they are the same angel. Well, I think so anyway. And it's wonderful too as both decks are my current favourites. I've posted the cards on my blog so please have a look if you'd like link to personal blog removed

If you feel the two angels are the same, then I believe you and that they are. That makes both decks special to you. And in fact, my take on it is that you were drawn to choose to own those two decks because that angel had things they wanted to tell you. That means that Archangel Michael wants to work with you and to help protect and guide you now.

Babs

bogiesan

Hello.

Your URL was "violation of TOS"-ed out so we can't go look a them unless we have the decks which many of us do not.
Are you implying the same art was used for both angels? That wold imply some interestig plagiarism or an equaly interesting restricted research effort that ended pointing both artists to the same source image.

Zezina

These are not the same angels, sumunda.

They have in common that they are both men with longish black hair and long faces.

But there the similarity ends. The hair growth pattern on their heads is totally different. Their eyebrows are markedly different, and none of their facial features are the same as each other. If you look at the nose on Mystic Spiral, it is much longer, and his eyebrows cut downwards very sharply towards his nose, whereas in Mary-El the eyebrows sit straight across the forehead, not to mention the inverted triangle above them. Mary-El hair is frizzy, while on Mystic Spiral the hair is smooth, with a high parting.

I've painted a lot of portraits, so am used to looking at these features carefully.

Trust me - they are definitely not the same angels.

If you put the URL of your blog on your user CP page, under 'Contact', people on the Forum can find your blog easily if they want to.

SunChariot

Not to contradict anyone, and only trying to help and of course I deeply respect everyone here, but I don't think the original post was talking about if they are the same atiscially but if they are in realith the same amget. Eg AA Micheal can be depisted different ways by different artists, but no matter how they paint him it is still a paiting of AA Michael. At least that is my personal understanding of what we were talking about in this thread.

I guess painting the image of an angel is different from painting a human being whom you have sittign right there before you and whom you can see clearly. There is kiley to be more artistic licence in painting an angel as we don't have a claer image like that work from. Some people may be more psychic than others, but the times i have "seen" and angel in my life, all I got was a transpartent like shape or image. So I guessa that means there is more artistic licence involved.

Not to mention that angels can take any form they chose, so they do not alwyas have to look a specific way.

But to me if sumanda looked at the two and saw the same angel, to me that means that that specific angel has something to say to her and will do so using those two cards. Whne she sees them she will know it is a message from him specifically.
Babs

Zezina

Not to contradict anyone, and only trying to help and of course I deeply respect everyone here, but I don't think the original post was talking about if they are the same atiscially but if they are in realith the same amget. Eg AA Micheal can be depisted different ways by different artists, but no matter how they paint him it is still a paiting of AA Michael. At least that is my personal understanding of what we were talking about in this thread.

You could well be correct, SunChariot. I read sumunda's question, as I think boglesan did too, as questioning if it was the same source image for the face on both cards.

sumunda, perhaps you could clarify your question about the angel. Were you simply asking if it was the Arch Angel Michael on both cards, or if it was the same source image?

sumunda

You could well be correct, SunChariot. I read sumunda's question, as I think boglesan did too, as questioning if it was the same source image for the face on both cards.

sumunda, perhaps you could clarify your question about the angel. Were you simply asking if it was the Arch Angel Michael on both cards, or if it was the same source image?

I wasn't questioning if it was the same source image. I was very happy to find (for myself, anyway) that perhaps the same angel appeared and how wonderful that was. They are 2 very different cards and i don't expect them to be the same angel. After all, I appreciate every deck creator's vision and interpretation of the tarot so imagine my glee when these cards popped up.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I only wanted to share my happy discovery.