Self printed Tarot book

La Force

I am not sure if this is the spot for this, I will leave it up to the moderators to place correctly.

I just want to inform AT members, that I have self published a Tarot book, I pick up my books tomorrow, and will post a picture of my book, I will be taking preorders, please contact me via pm.

Note: to mods/Solandia if my member ship is up, and you have moved this thread, please let me know, sorry texting this on my cell, I wasn't able to find the advertising thread. Anyways if I am not able to access the new location for this post to upload picture of my book I will need you to post it for me, thanks
La Force

Edit: found the advertising thread so I post there you may delete this one

to view picture goto this thread pls.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177104

La Force

I found out today, which has disappointed me, that "My Tarot Journal" is not self published, it is not presently published, by any publisher. That "My Tarot Journal", is just being printed by a printing company and anyone can print off anything. therefore I don't want to mis lead anyone sorry. So I am back to square one, I am looking for a publisher, that will publish my book. I would seriously like to have my book published. I am looking at Llewellyn, try them first, see it will go. I trying to not cry. The title of this thread needs to be changed, I am unable to change it.

Shade

Here's hoping you have some success with Llewellyn. Though if you do not there are other routes - for example Tarot Media Company which is smaller and more "indie."

Debra

La Force! It is FINE to self-publish! Many wonderful books, workbooks and decks are self-published. When you put out your own work, you have it printed and then you make it available to people--that is the meaning of "self-published." So your workbook is really "self-published." :)

Please do not be sad--I hope you will be proud of what you have done! :heart:

tarotbear

I was kind of confused when your initial post said you were being self published and you had to go and pick them up ... ? However, there is a big difference between being 'printed' and 'published' and I think you need to do better research! You should also look into POD ~ print on demand publishing so you don't end up with a garage full of books.

Do Google searches for 'self-publishing books' and POD publishers in your area.You might be pleasantly surprised.

BTW = hate to bust anyone's bubble, but Llewellyn only publishes 12 new titles a year and their competition for new titles is very stiff! I would search out 3 or 4 publishers at a time, if I were you.

La Force

I was kind of confused when your initial post said you were being self published and you had to go and pick them up ... ?

Sorry, for confusion, I had my book professionally printed by a local printing company, I has 2 books printed, prototype, and one for copyrights.

However, there is a big difference between being 'printed' and 'published' and I think you need to do better research! You should also look into POD ~ print on demand publishing so you don't end up with a garage full of books.

This was sorta my idea was to print on demand, have my local printing company, print off a book or two, as per preorder. That is why I am taking preorders.

Do Google searches for 'self-publishing books' and POD publishers in your area.You might be pleasantly surprised.

BTW = hate to bust anyone's bubble, but Llewellyn only publishes 12 new titles a year and their competition for new titles is very stiff! I would search out 3 or 4 publishers at a time, if I were you.

Thanks for the heads up, I will do some research, I appreciate it

La Force

Here's hoping you have some success with Llewellyn. Though if you do not there are other routes - for example Tarot Media Company which is smaller and more "indie."

Thanks I will look in to them I will be googling lots tonight

La Force

La Force! It is FINE to self-publish! Many wonderful books, workbooks and decks are self-published. When you put out your own work, you have it printed and then you make it available to people--that is the meaning of "self-published." So your workbook is really "self-published." :)

Please do not be sad--I hope you will be proud of what you have done! :heart:

Awe thanks I needed that, positive

La Force

well I took the leap of faith, I submitted "My Tarot Journal" in to Llewellyn, crossing my figure that I maybe 1 out of the 12 they pick in the year. wish me luck.

La Force

does anyone know how long it take for a reply back from Llewellyn? cause I have sent them everything that was required, and I haven't heard back, starting to feel disappointed, and that it is a no go.

I also sent my book to Tarot media, I am waiting for a response back. crossing my fingers

I have also done some research on publishers near me, but you need to pay upfront for X amount of books, sorry I am the (5 of pentacles) at this point.

If all else fails I will just print it off at my local printing company, however that route is expensive, I honestly feel that it would be more economical if it would just get published by a publishing company, cause that would be more economical and beneficial to everyone.

any other ideas for publishers that don't require tons of money upfront.