Can the cards ever truly represent a third party/the other person?

Kgirl

I ask because when I see questions about 'how does he feel', 'what does this one think?', 'how does this one see me?' ... I often see interpretations or answers along the lines of 'well the cards are picking up your energy and what you feel because you're the seeker/querent'

I see it alot ... so my question is ... can the cards truly encapsulate some other person's feelings / thoughts OTHER THAN the querent? Especially when they haven't given their permission to have a reading and they are not physically present??

Any feedback / views would be appreciated :)

DownUnderNZer

Absolutely!!! Better if someone else reads for you that is objective, but I do believe you can see what anothers feelings are or thoughts. However, this can change from one day to another too....

Kgirl

I like to think you can too ... I just don't get how some here interpret other people's readings as more a reflection of the seeker than the third party they are enquiring about.

How does one make that distinction?

Tiddles

Definitely imo

tarotbear

If you truely believe that the cards can and will give you the answer that you need, then your thread question is superfluous. When someone asks 'What can you tell me about my work situation?' - that already involves a third person. 'Is this the type of person I should considering marrying?' - involves a third person. "What is the best thing to do with my finances?" -- all these questions involve a third person.

I don't understand the 'truly' part.

Kgirl

Yes I realise that and that's my point ... perhaps I should have stated it more clearly but what I mean is are the cards picking up the seeker's energy and feelings about the situation/person or can the cards give a true answer about the person/situation that is free from the energy of the seeker?

loaa boa

I ask because when I see questions about 'how does he feel', 'what does this one think?', 'how does this one see me?' ...

Any feedback / views would be appreciated :)

Honestly, I don't think you need the tarot to figure out questions like this and I don't like to do readings for those types of questions.

Most of the time a woman has a crush or has had a fling with a man and she is smitten and he not so much or likes her for casual sex.

It is easy to tell how someone thinks or feels about you from their actions.

If they make an effort to see, communicate, be around you in a respectful way and not just drunk dialling at 2am when they want something, then most likely, they like you.

It doesn't take cards to figure that out.

Kgirl

Honestly, I don't think you need the tarot to figure out questions like this and I don't like to do readings for those types of questions.

Most of the time a woman has a crush or has had a fling with a man and she is smitten and he not so much or likes her for casual sex.

It is easy to tell how someone thinks or feels about you from their actions.

If they make an effort to see, communicate, be around you in a respectful way and not just drunk dialling at 2am when they want something, then most likely, they like you.

It doesn't take cards to figure that out.
Then I guess that just basically makes about 80% of the threads in Your Readings and Reading Exchange redundant? ;)

tarotbear

Yes I realise that and that's my point ... perhaps I should have stated it more clearly but what I mean is are the cards picking up the seeker's energy and feelings about the situation/person or can the cards give a true answer about the person/situation that is free from the energy of the seeker?

It depends on how you believe the cards 'work.' If you are one of those that believe the answers the cards give are sent by God, Satan, gods, beings with blue skin, etc, then the answer has nothing to do with the seeker's energies.

It you believe the cards work on a higher level than humans can understand, then the answer has nothing to do with the seeker's energies.

Some readers shuffle the cards, not the Querent. Would the energies of the reader 'override' the energy of the seeker? If the cards absorded the energy of the Querent that shuffles - wouldn't the answer they give be the answer the Querent is seeking whether it's the 'true answer' or not? Or is that your point?

How do you believe the 'True Answer' comes about? Or are you saying that there is no way to get a 'True Answer'?

gregory

Then I guess that just basically makes about 80% of the threads in Your Readings and Reading Exchange redundant? ;)

I have to say that is my feeling about an awful lot of them, yes... :)
Sad, but there you go. Those are the questions people like to ask - but you really can learn more from actually looking at how things are. If the guy hides round a corner when he sees you coming; if he never answers your texts, if he doesn't want your phone number when you offer it; if you can see he didn't even OPEN the gift you put on his desk - how will the cards tell you anything other than - he's NOT INTERESTED. But that kind of situation is often brought up, with a "does this mean he is shy and wants to ask me out ? I drew Two Cups - that means he is really keen, no ?"

Er - NO.... It might just mean that YOU are ! And in that example - if the cards had been drawn for her by someone else, they would be picking up on what she wants to hear, IMHO.